“Cozy”

San Chez a Tapas Bistro
Ranked #4 of 939 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Commerce
Transit: The Metro system of Grand Rapids called "The Rapid" has 6 lines that stop directly in front of 38 West Commerce. They are 1, 2, 3, 4, 14, 15.
Zagreb, Croatia
“Cozy”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Lively atmosphere, cozy seating, interesting menus! Goooood sangria!
A little bit strange order serving (food being brought several times instead of once for everyone)

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Just as yummy as I remember!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hadn't eaten here in awhile but revisited recently and it was as good as I remember. So many delectable tapas to choose from, we tried almost a dozen and only one was not to our liking. Server was very knowledgeable and helpful with selections as menu is partly in Spanish or features items we weren't overly familiar with. My favorite part is usually the sangria and this was my only complaint with the place. Order by the pitcher-minus ice- if you go. I ordered by the glass and it came chock full of ice. I drained it out into another glass and was left with an embarrassingly small amount of actual drink. Really tasty food. Go and try something out of your comfort zone!

Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“An unexpected treat and surprise!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

On Saturday enroute from southwest MI to northwest MI we stopped into San Chez for lunch. We arrived at elven o'clock an hour too soon to eat in the restaurant but ate in the San Chez cafe. We couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised or pleased. The menu had many excellent breakfast, salad and sandwich variety. The staff was alert, efficient and friendly. I had the portobello mushroom sandwich on a pretzel bun. Yum! My husband had a chicken and apple panini and enjoyed it as much. We certainly will return on another trip and hopefully have the opportunity to try the tapas in the restaurant!

• Visited February 2013
Grandville, Michigan
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I dream about the pork belly and scallop dish, it is to die for! Oh and the sangria is incredible as well. Definitely my most favorite restaurant in GR!

Visited December 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Tasty Tapas”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really like tapas and they make some very tasty ones indeed. The variety may not be as vast as some in Chicago but they are very good non-the-less. My wife also has Gluten and Dairy restrictions and was able to find plenty to eat and share. They even have an EXCELLENT bread loaf that is Gluten free and extras were only $1. If you know anything about gluten free bread many times it is a far cry from excellent but not here! We even signed up for their patronage service.

Visited October 2012