“Great food, nice atmosphere!”
Review of Bistro Bella Vita

Bistro Bella Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bella Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 943 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weston and Market
Description: We go above and beyond to deliver the ultimate dining experience with top-notch service-that's the Essence Restaurant Group philosophy. Whether it's a pizza and beer with friends, or an elegant chef's table meal paired with appropriate wines, guests enjoy our creative cuisine made exclusively from fresh, natural, ingredients purchased daily from local farmers in season. Our culinary team creates authentic, housemade recipes that blend delicious flavors of the Mediterranean countryside with a perfectly paired beverage offering served by a devoted staff whose passion is to ensure your complete satisfaction.
Brighton, Michigan
“Great food, nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

No salt and pepper shakers on the tables and you won't miss them. Everything tastes homemade and appearance of food is incredible. We had dinner there last year and decided to take friend back with us. They loved it as much as we did. Last time had the mussel's appetizer, as well as this time. Last time was a little better, more garlicky, I had salmon this time, it was wonderful. Everyone else had pasta and were very pleased. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited January 2013

“Consistently Terrific”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We get to Bistro when we can and are never disappointed. I've taken groups as large as 30 people on a good many occasions and have yet to have a single guest disappointed. On the first Saturday of the New Year my wife and son and I delighted in bruschetta and mushroom crostini for apps. My son's NY Strip was spot on, my wife's Boeuf Bourgignon astonishingly good with a Demi glacé based sauce so rich it lit up every taste bud! I had the paella for the second visit in a row and found it a glorious meal with succulent little scallops, mussels, shrimp and great saffron rice. Desserts also great: order the triple sampler as you basically get three full desert portions at a bargain price. This is my most highly recommended restaurant in my city! (And don't forget the martinis!)

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Good Food and Great location”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Need to catch dinner before attending an event at Van Andel? This is your place........it's within walking distance and the ambiance and food are excellent. There is nearby parking and it's easy access in downtown Grand Rapids.

Holland, Michigan
“Great Food... it ends there”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

For a full dining experience, you need more than excellent food. The food was delicious, but the table was awful. We were seated right behind a large round table and everytime they stood up, my husband had to move. They spilled water on their table and he wore it. We ordered coffee service at the end of our meal and the waitress almost made us both wear it since she did not understand how it worked. The food was excellent, but the distraction of a bad table where there should not have been one in the first place and inexperienced wait staff, made this a less than average experience, but I rated it average because maybe the staff could learn... Make reservations if you want to go here. Even it they are empty, they will give you a bad table. (Did I mention this happened the first time we were there too!)

• Visited November 2012
Michigan
“A little disappointed in the food.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I like to support restaurants that focus on local foods which is why I come to BBV. We had the warm mushroom and goat cheese crostinis as an appetizer and they were wonderful. The salad came too soon after the appetizer was brought to the table. We both ordered the warm spinach salad which was not warm – more room temperature and there was little to no dressing. Also we both had the Harvest (sweet potato) Ravioli and I would label it as good – not great. Maybe it was in the kitchen too long because the starch texture was overpowering the flavors. Also – our server was pleasant but not exceptional. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Grand Rapids so each business needs to work hard to make sure the guest experience is the best possible.

• Visited December 2012