“Great food for the price”
Review of Bistro Bella Vita

Bistro Bella Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bella Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 943 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weston and Market
Description: We go above and beyond to deliver the ultimate dining experience with top-notch service-that's the Essence Restaurant Group philosophy. Whether it's a pizza and beer with friends, or an elegant chef's table meal paired with appropriate wines, guests enjoy our creative cuisine made exclusively from fresh, natural, ingredients purchased daily from local farmers in season. Our culinary team creates authentic, housemade recipes that blend delicious flavors of the Mediterranean countryside with a perfectly paired beverage offering served by a devoted staff whose passion is to ensure your complete satisfaction.
Lansing, MI
“Great food for the price”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This restaurant was about as close as you can get to a fine dining experience without going to a much larger city. The menu is Italian but it is more contemporary than classic. It does have some other entrees as well (pork, chicken, duck, steak). The selection looked incredible and it was very hard to choose a entree; I decided on the paella and it was very nice. My friends had various raviolis and pizzas and all were happy. The cocktail selection was impressive and they did not disappoint. The prices were definitely reasonable for the quality of food. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. We had reservations for a Saturday night at 6pm and got right in; the restaurant got rather busy right after that. I appreciated that there were TVs showing the football games over the bar but that they didn't seem loud or obtrusive to the overall atmosphere.

I would definitely go back and recommend this to those looking for a more upscale but reasonably priced dining experience.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seasonal food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I tried the pumpkin ravioli, they were excellent! The atmosphere was relaxed, we could even watch the game.

Grand Rapids, MI
“My favorite food place”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Italian with local/seasonal influence. Tasty food, expertly prepared. The setting tends to get loud; ask for a booth at the periphery.

Visited June 2012
Nyack, New York
“Farm to table-yummy”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was in Grand Rapids for work and we were given a "free" night. So my collegues and I made a reservation here based on other trip advisor reviews, walked up the street from our hotel and had a great meal. Very, very fresh- I like that they thanked the local farms they use on their menu. We shared a homemade hummus sampler appetizer, delicious! All enjoyed their meals. Good wine selcetion also. My only complaint was that it was a bit loud. BUT, in their defense, it was in the middle of ARTWALK week, so they were packed. Highly recommend and will be sure to visit again when I am back in December.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Gourmet all the way.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've eaten here several times and it is always deliscious. For me; whatever the special of the day is, I'm in. Everything has well balanced deep flavors. Even the pizza is gourmet.

Visited September 2012