“Had high hopes”
Review of Charley's Crab

Charley's Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 977 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fulton
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Scheduled a birthday dinner for my husband 1 month in advance. We came from out of town and that night told "no tables available". I asked what the point of a reservation. They found a table, had menus set aside for the birthday boy. Had an isle table by the steps and told "oh we will move this dirty tray soon". Our waitress took our order, served our appetizer, never asked how it was. Served our soup, never asked how it was, served our salad, never asked how it was. Manager came by to ask how our evening was, told him and he apologized. Salmon was good but dry. Soup was yummy - clam chowder. My husband had the fish soup and it was not hot. Had our waitress came by she would have known. She just swooshed by and grabbed our plates. The highlight was leaving in a horse carriage ride.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very adequate brunch. Well balanced offering though I would like to have seen more seafood, what was there was good. My family, not seafood fans, were very happy with the choices and really enjoyed the desserts. Have been there several times, and will be back.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sunday brunch was delicious, with a variety of foods and excellent service. I would have liked more seafood selections, such as hot salmon, oysters, and soup. The roundhouse beef is a great touch. Omelette bar, lots of smoked salmon (but no accompaniments like capers, sour cream), shrimp, and traditional brunch favorites. Dessert bar is varied.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Dined on a Sunday at 11:45 without reservations. We enjoyed our meal very much. Service was attentive. The buffet is above the bar area, 4 different stations. It can get a bit crowded as its set up to encourage one long line. The food is excellent! Lots of choices all very well prepared. The only negative we talked about was that the tables are so close together. We sat in a small upper section of approximately 5 tables for 4 people and 5 booths. All the tables were in use but none of the booths. With all the "up & down" of a buffet everyone in our section kept bumping chairs into each other. There certainly was not a lot of chair room to get up and down comfortably.
If you are looking for a classy Sunday buffet, we would recommend Charley's Crab.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was my husband's and my first visit here. I loved the view of the river, and cannot wait to return to this restaurant in warmer weather with greener scenery. The service was excellent, the food was wonderful. We will definitely return!