“Great Sunday Brunch Buffet”
Review of Charley's Crab

Charley's Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 943 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fulton
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Sunday Brunch Buffet”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited Charley's Crab in Grand Rapids as a Sunday brunch after a wedding Saturday. We were part of a large group and took up a big chunk of the far end of the restaurant. I noticed there was outdoor seating along the river which would be lovely! We were inside and the only negative of my experience is that it was freezing inside! The climate control desperately needed to be adjusted. This restaurant was more formal than casual. The servers were very prompt and polite. All of the food was delicious, especially their lavish desserts! Some parts of the buffet could have been labeled better, specifically their condiments like butter and cream cheese - I had to look twice. One major plus of the buffet was that there was a chef making fresh omelettes to order. I had one and it was phenomenal.
Overall, I would love to come back to this restaurant if the occasion was to present itself. I thought it was a great venue for a Sunday brunch after a wedding.

• Visited August 2013

Michigan
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This restaurant is located on the Grand River and has outdoor seating to enjoy the view. The service and food were both excellent.

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“In-Laws Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Recently my brother and sister-in-laws got together to plan an evening out for my father and mother-in-laws birthday. Living 1,500 miles away you would think this would be difficult, but not with the help of GM Spencer and his excellent staff. They made the process simple and flawless! Though I wasn't there for the meal, I was there to receive the picture messages of the amazing food and got a detailed recap of their fabulous night from my mother-in-law. Even over the phone I could see her smile as it was strong in her voice. She talked about the spectacular food and exceptional service and how it was one of the best dining experiences they have had. Spencer and his staff went above and beyond to make them feel special and important right down to having the wine waiting on the table and a thoughtful "VIP" card reserving their spot. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area and if you aren't and are looking for somewhere to send loved ones, look no further.

• Visited September 2013
Grand Rapids
“Exquisite and Fun”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped by for the Early Bird which they now all the Sunset Selection. We were amazed as for $19.99 one has their choice of 6 or so entrees each item includes the choice of salad or soup and of a desert. Now, the taste portion is a bit smaller, but more than adequate for we seniors.
An excellent dining experience, again

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good Sunday brunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We came for Sunday brunch and had a great time. Good and tasty offerings. Nice view and ambiance. Food selection was great. Lots of cooked food, sea food, salads, fruits and sushi. Enjoyed the very relaxing atmosphere.

Visited August 2013