“Tasty Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
“Tasty Indian food”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The buffet is one of the best in town, if you love Indian food, then the nan and the butter chicken was the most tasty of all the foods, the veges & the sweets were good too, Indian music was also nice and pleasant. Thanks.

Visited April 2013

“Always a Treat”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been eating at Bombay for about 15 years and always look forward to the next visit -- I am constantly reminded of the food as I pass through Eastown since the smell of curry is everywhere! I dined at Bombay this weekend with my wife and three kids and were treated to a great meal that met each person's needs. I had the lamb vindaloo (extra spicy) and my wife and kids all had a variety of vegetarian dishes. We also had appetizers (samosas and a fried-onion) and two servings of garlic naan. The restaurant has a full bar and a nice variety of beers on-tap. The place next to the Bombay is in transition right now...I think it's going to be an Italian restaurant and I believe this will be the third or fourth reincarnation of that space since the Bombay was renovated several years ago. Parking is available all over Eastown. There is outdoor seating that's a great place to people watch. Lots of fun things to do within walking distance of the Bombay...everything from used book stores, to bars, antiques, other restaurants, barbers, and even a hookah lounge. Be prepared to spend some money -- but I'm always saying you get what you pay for...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dave B
Byron Center, Michigan
“Fantastic lunch buffet”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I love the buffet! They had removed it for a while but have brought it back and I am so glad. There is a lot of variety both meat and vegetarian options. The price is a little high for lunch but it is delicious. Try it with a mango beverage.

• Visited April 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“A delight to the taste buds”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Admittedly this was our first experience with Indian food in GR. We ordered family style with friends. The veggie dishes with eggplant and another with lentils were wonderful. We loved the butter chicken as well. Our friends from Africa loved it and so did we.

• Visited March 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Becoming one of my favorite places!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love the smell of curry in the air as soon as you walk in the front door. The ambiance is nice and relaxing and staff was very friendly. This is the only restaurant where I have ate Indian food so I had a lot of questions and the staff was quick to explain and recommend different dishes.I have taken friends there on two different occasions and they enjoyed the food and atmosphere as well.
I am sure that there are probably more authentic places to eat but if you want good food at a reasonable price, give this place a try.

• Visited January 2013