“AAU Volleyball Family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport

Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

After fleeing another hotel because of an overflowing toilet, we are so happy we found this one. There were two major sports events in town that weekend with most hotels sold out. We left the other hotel at 10:00 a.m. just hoping we could find another with a clean room for us to get ready for a wedding in 3 hours. So we started down 28th Street--first two hotels had no rooms ready. This was our third stop and we were told they had 6 double-queen rooms which is what we wanted. They quoted us a good price but then they found none of them were clean. They kept searching and came up with a king suite and let us have it for the same price as the queen room. Everything was wonderful in the room--spacious, clean, abundant towels. I hadn't thought they served breakfast but was pleasantly surprised to find a great free breakfast for our family the next morning. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the kind review. It was our pleasure serving you and your family and hope you will visit Grand Rapids in the future. It is truly enjoyable to have guests such as your family become part of ours. Thank you for your patronage-Sincerely, Randy Scales- General Manager
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Hotel itself looks nice and updated and room was clean BUT that is about it. Our room this weekend had a heat/cooling system did not work and no working FAN at all. Tried to inform desk about not being able to turn on fan to block noise and she cut me off saying, "I'll take care of the noise." probable thinking I was complaining about kids. Since we were staying during a weekend where all the hotels were booked for the state HS track finals, I knew there would be "kid noise" .
With NO fan and NO air conditioning and NO one to voice my complaint to, it made the additional problem of LIGHT leaking under our door all night ( you could slide your fingers completely under our door) and hearing the Elevator DING all night long, and the outside door BANGING open and shut UNBEARABLE and IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP. I was tempted to run the shower all night long just create white noise, but my "save energy and resources" conscience got the better of me.
In the morning, with 3 people who didn't sleep a wink, I was sorry I didn't waste the water.
( our bathroom had exposed pipes on the floor covered with some type of paper/ insulation which I thought looked terrible)
Why this scathing review now? Front desk was unresponsive @ night when I most needed them and a manger never called me back as I had very nicely requested ( I didn't want the next traveler to have this room with its problems) , when of course the front desk person had ASSURED me I would be called RIGHT AWAY.
Another family complained of the same air problem, a second family said their room had NO WINDOW or working phone,and a third family said they didn't have a working light in their bathroom.
Do not stay here unless you can RUN THE WATER ALL NIGHT and not have a guilty conscience, you are hard of hearing, and don't mind using the bathroom in the dark.
May 31. 2014.

Room Tip: Please go somewhere else--problems here are simply not addressed and travelers concerns not attended...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Randy S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am terribly sorry for the problems you encountered during your recent visit to Grand Rapids. I regret that I did not receive you message to call as I was at the Hotel most of the late morning till evening. Our Maintenance Chief went to your room first thing Saturday morning about 8:30 am to resolve AC problem but was notified "you were checking out, and to check later", we discovered that the Unit had been unplugged. I sincerely apologize for the error and I do not understand how this occurred.We make every effort to make our guest experience as delightful as possible. We did have a City wide Volleyball and track Meet this last weekend and although we make every effort to keep things as quiet as possible , with 4 to 5 people in each room it does tend to get noisey, regardless of our efforts.I do hope you will give us another try and again I apologize for your sub par visit- Sincerely Randy Scales, GM

Travelers are raving about these Grand Rapids hotels

Niles, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

very pleased with hotel clean, bed was great, breakfast was good..
1st time staying at a Wyndham. will stay again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for the positive review, It is our goal to have our guests leave us having enjoyed their stay. We truly hope you will recommend us to others in the future and hope you will visit us again in the near future. Sincerely yours Randy Scales-GM