“Not impressed with the pizza at all”

Licari's Sicilian Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #41 of 939 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Michigan
“Not impressed with the pizza at all”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had walked by this place and it looked great.
Great outdoor dining. We had gone with friends and when our pizza arrived it looked good. The toppings looked wonderful, but when you bite into the crust it tasted like Di Journo. What a huge disappointment. It was tough and chewy. The rest of the menu looked nothing special, may go back but not to eat.

• Visited August 2012

Rockford, Michigan
“High price for what you got!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After seeing it on the food network TV show, Three days to open, I wanted to check it out. I had the Pasta A’ La Chef which is described as Gemelli pasta with tomato cream sauce, peas,carrots, and ham. I thought it was average, nothing special. I was expecting large chunks of ham, but was disappointed by the small bits. My boyfriend had the Linguini Con Salsiccia E Ricotta and said it tasted like propane gas. For the price, $15 and $10, I was expecting a larger portion and at least a piece of bread. Nothing is given with the meal. From the time we sat down, ate, and left we were there a total of 20mins. We checked out the dessert menu and they were priced from $7-$9. I thought that was outrageous. We opted to go for dessert at Panera Bread. We had two pastries and lattes for $9, a much better deal. I was disappointed to see the owners on their laptops in the dining room. I also thought it was strange that the hostess asked you to pick the table while following you to that table. I think the hostess should lead you or just have a seat your self sign. I wish them luck; I think by giving a roll or a salad with the meal, not being on laptops in front of guest, interacting with guests, and lowering the price for desserts, I would have given a good review.

• Visited August 2012