“Service has declined! Our server ate next to us!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westsider Cafe

The Westsider Cafe
Ranked #78 of 925 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Polish, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://grgrub.com/2010/01/06/westsider-menu-reflects-diverse-neighborhood/http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/154/1560697/restaurant/The-Westsider-Cafe-Grand-Rapids
“Service has declined! Our server ate next to us!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We've been eating here for a year. First visit, I saw all servers filling all customers coffees and clearin plates happliy. Over the year, we have seen a major decline. We can never get a refill of coffee until we ask. Our server actually sat at the table in front of us and ate her meal. No other server paid any attention to us, so we were confused. We sat with dirty plates for too long, empty drinks, and a bill. We weren't even done! Our guests wanted to order coffee after their meals. I am a server and a bartender and find it difficult to leave bad tips, but it was well deserved today! The worst part was our server sitting in front of us eating! At least have some common sense to sit where we can't see you let alone can touch you! Then I was passed my many servers while standing at the counter waiting to pay. A cook finally asked if I had been helped. We love the food, but hate having to tip for such poor service.

• Visited July 2013

Conklin, Michigan
“Great polish menu and friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Been coming here since it opened a few years ago. The owners really care about he service and menu. Many of the menu items are just like home cooked meals.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank LooksMrT
Comstock Park, MI
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I lived on the west side years ago and we never had a great little restaurant when I resided in the area. This was my second trip to the Westsider cafe Food is superb and very well seasoned.
They have an eclectic menu and I can't wait to go back - although it is a 35 mile trip one way!
If there was a con my waitress was quite inattentive, had to flag her down to get a refill and to get to go containers.. They had plenty of staff so that was not the issue.

• Visited March 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Old Fashion Home Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place for breakfast or lunch. Flavorful, fresh cooking with very generous helpings. I love limp bacon and the have been pulled it off every time I have made the request. The potatoes are always fresh and not frozen. Nice family dining.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food is always good, we have dined here many times and its always been a great experience. There are some polish items on the menu that are always a pleasant diversion from the usual cafe fare. I have invited friends to join me several times and everyone always loves it!

Visited October 2012