All reviewswafflesthe tanger outlet mallfront deskwould stay here againa pet friendly hotelgrand rapids areapool and hot tubfamily weekendrooms are clean and comfortablea nice place to stayquiet areawaffle makerincluded breakfastoff the highwayhotel is locatednext morningfitness center
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

The parking lot is spacious, the front desk staff is courteous and friendly, the building is clean, the rooms are clean, modern and spacious, the pool and hot tub were great, and the included breakfast was just right.
Only negative is that the free wifi is weak in the rooms. We saw a guy wondering the halls with his phone quite a bit, likely getting a better signal in the hallway.
I felt the price was just right for what we received.
It is close to the Tanger Outlet Mall and lots of places to eat nearby.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is being renovated and there website never mentioned it. The front check desk had a inch of dust on it when I checked in. The front lobby is a mess. It would have been nice to know what I was walking into.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Pete F, General Manager at Comfort Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

I apologize that the lobby floor renovation was not listed on our website. We felt that it was non-intrusive, as the noise from the contractors was only from 10am - 6pm and it had no impact on the guest floors. I apologize if this caused any inconvenience for you. We are continuously trying to improve our property, so that we can make our guest's stay more enjoyable.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Pete Fedorchuk, CHA

Reviewed September 3, 2017

The front desk was friendly and efficient. Stayed there one night. Had a nice sleep. Quiet area. Nothing close by so, we had to drive a ways to go out for dinner. All in all if you need a good sleep stay here.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2017

This hotel was great. My friends and I were exhausted from three nights of camping in another city, and we decided to cut the drive home in half and spend the last night of our trip in Grand Rapids. We all loved this hotel. It's definitely a chain, but it was a great stay. We got a room with two queen beds and a pull out couch. It was more than enough room for 5 of us. The hotel was 15 minutes or less away from everything we wanted to do in Grand Rapids. Check-in was easy. I also called the day before to ask for early check-in and my request was granted super kindly. The pool was nice and clean. I didn't get a chance to try the hot tub or the sauna, but the family in there seemed to love it. The shower in the room had great pressure, and we had enough towels for the 5 of us staying in the room. We were all so tired and the beds were super comfortable - I slept SO WELL. The halls were quiet, the front desk staff was kind, and breakfast was yummy. Definitely a great choice!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Good location for this motel just off the highway and good proximity to Grand Rapids. Quiet neighbourhood. The room was spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. There is a microwave and a decent sized fridge. They offer a decent breakfast as chain motels go, complete with the obligatory waffle maker. There are two restaurants across the highway if you prefer a more substantial breakfast. The staff was friendly and I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple