Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)
View Hotel
All reviewswalk in showerfront deskoffer breakfastgrand rapids airportroom was cleanhave stayed here several timesbusiness tripan early flightstayed here for one nightmini fridgefirst floorvery nice hotelfitness centerdowntown arealobbytoiletshuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very good location, surrounded by good choice of restaurants, this hotel perfectly suits business traveler needs.
I stayed in all HI in Grand Rapids and this one is certainly better option.
Needless to say that breakfast is ridiculously bad, this is however cookware fault rather than location owners.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a King Room on the first floor. We had booked through Priceline and got a great deal for the 2 nights we stayed there.
The King sized bed was very comfortable. There were two sets of pillows marked soft and firm. The TV worked well. Air conditioning was nice and quiet. The windows could have opened but since we were facing the lobby entrance and parking lot, we chose not to open them. (There was a party there on the Friday night so there were a lot of people coming and going. This didn't bother us at all but it might have, had we had the windows open. Nice to have the option for fresh air though)
We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. Both were clean and the temps were comfortable.
However, there were no fresh towels when we got to the pool so someone in our party asked the front desk and a fresh stash was brought within minutes.
I needed a shower cap and the front desk was also quick to accommodate.
The ice water with lemon and cucumber at the front lobby was a nice touch.
However, I would suggest that decaf coffee be an option for one of the coffee urns after 6:00pm for those of us who don't enjoy caffeine. (With that being said, I could have made my own in the room with the coffee maker that was there.) The fridge in the room was also nice to keep a few snacks in.
My husband loved the unique (at least to us) door in the bathroom that swung on a 'piano' hinge. Very interesting and worked well. Loved the big shower as well with its curved entrance. (no shower curtain needed)
Since we were at a family reunion for the daytime parts of our weekend stay, we didn't need to eat at the hotel restaurant, so we can't comment on that part.
We would stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This new Holiday Inn is planned very well, with an excellant design.

My room was on the first floor, and was a two-person "King" bed room. The new building is built well. A very quiet room led to a great night's sleep.

My favorite design feature of this room, was the single hinge-double latch door used in the bathroom. The way this works, is that this single door, on a piano hinge, swings into two separate door frames, and is lockable in both positions.

In one position, the toilet is in it's own private room... allowing your spouse to use the sink area while you "do your business".

When the door is in the other frame, it closes off the entire bathroom from the rest of the bed room area, allowing for private bathing in the walk in shower.

The shower has no door at all. You simply walk around the corner and the shower head sprays against the wall, away from the rest of the bathroom.

The vent fan is located in the toilet area, and quickly removes smells from this area when the door is closed in the "smaller" room frame. The towels are located in a nook just next to the shower, so one is always handy when you need it, without walking out into the rest of the bathroom.

This bathroom is 95% perfect in design layout. The only thing I didn't like is that the vent in the toilet area draws hot steamy vapors from the shower across the lav. area and fogs up the mirror.

The rest of the room is up to date and has some nice features. There are lots of electrical outlets (for recharging all your gadgets). The TV is nice and new. The bed is comfortable.

This place has the best room I've stayed in, in the Grand Rapids area, thus far.

Location of this property is outstanding, its' close to everything, yet far enough off the busy roads to be nice and quiet.

Desk service is pleasant and efficient. A nice touch, which I've only seen in 4 star or better hotels, are the water chillers with lemon and lime slices in the lobby area.

This hotel has a restaurant on-site... "Grille 29". We did not try this place out... but it looked attractive.

I'd HIGHLY recommend this place.

Wy wife got this place with one of the best Priceline deals she's ever purchased. We probably paid less for this room than we paid in gas for the round trip drive from Flint and local travel.

I urge Tripadvisor to include the three Kentwood, Mi. hotels in the general list of Grand Rapids hotels. Looking at the map, these fit well within in the general area that TA. uses for Grand Rapids. Kentwood is a bit closer to downtown than Cascade area hotels, and they are on the general GR. list.

If we didn't get this room through Priceline, we wouldn't have known about this place by using the TA. Grand Rapids search...and that would be a shame.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flintjarvis
A TripAdvisor Member
Grand Rapids
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This Hotel experience was better than I expected. Hotel is clean and fresh. Food in the resturant tastes like it was out of a bag. I booked online and was not given a reciept. When I asked for one, the front desk clerk told me she could not print it because i paid through expedia..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our family of three stayed here on the way to Blue Lake Music Camp. The hotel is very new and is nothing like many of the old outdated Holiday Inns. Clean rooms, good bed, nice fitness center. Breakfast buffet is just ok. Nice bar as well. Very good stay, extremely helpful staff. Located minutes form the airport along a commercial strip with many restaurants, shops, and Starbucks.

Room Tip: We stayed by the elevator in room 216 and it was not noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Brad S, Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Airport in TripAdvisor! It is so nice to know that we have guests who care enough about our business to offer us honest feedback, both positive and negative. I appreciate your extra set of eyes and we are working to improve every day. Again, thank you for your feedback; if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitaate to contact me. My contact information is as follows:

Brad Schmitz