Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport
Country Inn
CityFlatsHotel(Grand Rapids)
$175
  • Restaurant
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$267
$224
$214
$201
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$94
$68
$129
$110
HIExpress.com
$244
$204
  • Pool
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$105
All reviewswalk in showerfront deskoffer breakfastgrand rapids airportroom was cleanhave stayed here several timesbusiness tripan early flightstayed here for one nightmini fridgefirst floorvery nice hotelfitness centerdowntown arealobbytoiletshuttle
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed two nights in the Grand Rapids Airport Holiday Inn. The first night was a sleepless one as a wedding party? or a family reunion? had all their folks in the same area of the second floor as my room. These folks PARTIED...in the passage way! They had all their room doors open and their kids ran from room to room. One woman had a meltdown at the top of her lungs, and the entire crowd was noisy and loud. I had to poke my head out at midnight and ask that they please be quiet. They shut up, for about a minute. I don't think calling the front desk would have helped at all-there were just too many of them.

The next night, Sunday, the motel was empty, (Matt at the front desk told me 90 people had checked out),so it was quiet.

Our room was nice, if a bit stuffy. The carpeting is VERY worn, scuffed, with gouges and cuts in it. It needs replacing badly.
Our first night there, there was no coffee for the coffeemaker. I had to go down to the front desk to get some.
They don't have a 'complementary breakfast'. Instead, they have a restaurant which was okay if overpriced. I had two muffins and my spouse had bacon and eggs and the bill came to about 17 dollars. That's pretty spendy for breakfast. But it does beat powdered eggs, cereals like Fruit Loops (which I'd never eat, even at gunpoint), and stale bagels that you see at most motel 'breakfasts'.
All in all, given its proximity to the airport, the staff (friendly and helpful), it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Brad S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Airport in TripAdvisor! It is so nice to know that we have guests who care enough about our business to offer us honest feedback, both positive and negative. I also appreciate your note of areas where we can improve as a hotel. I appreciate your extra set of eyes and we are working to improve every day. Again, thank you for your feedback; if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitaate to contact me. My contact information is as follows:

616-301-7680 Direct line

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I always stay at this hotel ony business trips in Grand Rapids. What is really outstanding is the service and the nice treatment from all the staff starting with the manager Brad and including all his team. That really makes a difference. They definately go an extra mile for the customer.
The hotel ha a comfortable room, small gym, a nice pool, nice bar, good breakfast and it is close to 28th where most of the fun is located.
I strongly recommend them.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for a quick trip north to attend a wedding. To be honest, this was the one hotel that had rooms available and fit our budget. Full disclosure: I am a member of Priority Club, and cashed in some points to get the room along with $70.00.
Let's get the negative out of the way first....2 Double Bed Room really means 2 Large Twins. Momma and I were a little cramped in our bed, as were the kids in theirs.
Now, the positive. Everything else! Even with a HUGE conference going on, the property was quiet. The room was clean, and very well appointed with a fridge, coffee maker and plenty of space. A/C worked very well, water pressure in the shower was good, and the TV had plenty of choices.
Pool, while a little small, fit the bill for the 9 year old. Fitness Center looked a little cramped. Business Center needed the printer fixed, but the internet connection was lightening fast; also, the free wi-fi for guests worked wonderfully.
Lobby Staff was extremely friendly and eager to please. They were also extremely patient with the rude lady who insisted that she be given an extra day that she didn't reserve/deserve ahead of time.
All in all, this one was a winner, and I would say here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The hotel was clean and my room was nice. Spa water and cookies are great when you get there! The bed was very comfortable and pillows were great. The hotel is close to tons of places to eat and shopping areas. They have breakfast that is just ok and not many options, but very good if you are in a hurry. The hotel has a nice bar area and the staff is friendly. The hotel does need a few updates. The gym area is small and a little dated, the carpet in the hall is lifting and bubbling up, and room bathroom doors need painted.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Misty K.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Airport in TripAdvisor! It is so nice to know that we have guests who care enough about our business to offer us honest feedback, both positive and negative. I am very glat that you enjoyed the Spa water and cookies at check in, after a long day of travel, it is our pleasure to provide a little surprise to quench a thirst or satisfy a sweet tooth! I also appreciate your note of areas where we can improve as a hotel. I appreciate your extra set of eyes and we are working to improve every day. Again, thank you for your feedback; if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitaate to contact me. My contact information is as follows:

616-301-7680 Direct line

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I found this hotel rather disappointing. Let me first start off by saying that the staff was very nice and accommodating, however they couldn’t make up for the lack of cleanliness. I had booked a suite. Upon arriving I noticed that the area around the toilet in the bathroom had looked like it hadn’t been cleaned. It also looked like the toilet itself hadn’t been cleaned. I booked the suites because it said it slept four. There was a king bed and a sleeper sofa. The sofa was absolutely disgusting. There was gum on the arm and the entire couch needed a good scrubbing. Once the couch was pulled out we noticed that the sheets hadn’t been changed and had been soiled. The staff brought us new sheets, extra blankets, etc. I don’t stay in many Holiday Inns, but after paying $150 a night I expected a clean place to stay. I was highly disappointed and would not stay at the this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gobluegirl
Brad S, Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear gobluegirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to hear your very kind comments regarding our staff; it is very nice to hear that you found them nice and accommodating, thank you very much. I am, however, very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations with regard to your room. It is our goal for every guest to be more than satisfied with their stay, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay personally with you. I can be reached at 616-285-7600!

We hope you stay with us again soon at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Airport!