WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
maryland
“Met expectations....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a day of travel, I checked in to find out I was guest of the day and received a sm bottle of water and a granola bar. ok. Since I've recently done a status match from Hilton, I was a little disappointed in the hotel overall.... I would prefer Hampton Inn's friendly staff over the corporate script of Springill Suites.
Room was fine... only one tv though. Since it was a SUITE, and had a separate area with bar/sink, frig and microwave as well as a desk and a couch, I thought it odd that there was a single TV... this would be a huge problem if I had been traveling with family. The whole SUITE thing is to make all family members happy.... and that mean two televisions. Oh well... something to remember.
Other than that,.... room was fine. Nothing special. But I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RachelCrowther, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear gigidev

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our hotel, we truly do appreciate your comments. I am really sorry to hear that you felt that our staff was not as friendly as some of the staffs you have encountered at other hotels. The veteran staff at the hotel has very high standards of service for each and every guest that stays with us. I hope you will return to the hotel to experience the level of individualized service that our guests have come to expect.
We look forward to your next visit to the hotel!!

Dan Hunt
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Alvarado, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

All meets expectations at this property. The rooms were spacious, equipped with a mini kitchen, and clean. The breakfast in the morning is good and has fresh fruit, muffins, eggs, and the works. This is a clean, relaxing property. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Dreaming*of*a*beach,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay. We were delighted to hear that our property met your exceptions.
We look forward to your next visit and the same exceptional accommodations you have come to know from our hotel and staff. Thank you gain and we hope to see you soon.
Rachel Crowther CHA, CTA
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The beds here are so comfortable, I had a difficult time getting up today! This room is large, well apppointed, clean, and just perfect for my husband and me. There is an excercise room and an indoor pool. The breakfast was good. We are very impressed with everyone on staff. They make you feel so welcome. This SpringHill is in the back of an area with several shopping malls with a varieties of eateries - very convenient. And it's just a hop and a skip off of I-96.
Would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RachelCrowther, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Kathleen T.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, I am glad you and your husband enjoyed the time you spent with us. Our staff takes great pride in delivering great customer service, I am delighted to hear that you received the high levels of service we have come to expect. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future!
Have a Great Day!
Dan Hunt
Assistant General Manager
Webster, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We came into town to visit our grandkids and were welcomed from the moment we walked in. We arrived earlier then normal check in and was told that it was all good and given a room.

The front desk staff was great, friendly, with a smile and asked if there was anything else they could help us with. What a nice way to be treated. (Yay Marriott).

I mentioned that I would like my grandkids to come to swim in the pool with us and they said bring them on in, enjoy them while you can... Loved it.

The room was clean and arranged well for the whole family. We only spent one night but when we come back to the area I WILL stay here, hands down this is the place.

In the morning I could not find a cart because some of the guest (special in their own minds) kept the luggage carts locked in their rooms, the man at the front desk went and searched the whole hotel looking for one and the manager offered us to use the laundry cart that had clean towels in them. I was so surprised with this. This is what a good staff does, they help people find a solution to any problem.

All I can do is tip my hat and applaud the staff of this hotel, they were AWESOME.

So if your looking for the right place to stay....this is the place. Go ahead and check in, you will feel welcome.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Robert V,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay! I was delighted to read about the exceptional service you and your family received.
I will be sharing your comments with my staff and assuring them that this is what exceptional service looks like and feels like!
We look forward to serving you and your family again in the near future.

Rachel Crowther, CHA ,CTA
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a king suite which are small but with very efficient use of space. There is a seperate living/ office area and more importantly a seperate wet bar area with a fridge, microwave and a coffee maker NOT in the bathroom!!! Woo-hoo!! Convieniently located near shopping & restaurants this is a newer, clean facility with a friendly, helpful staff. The free breakfast area with good menu selections is kept clean and constantly monitored. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank F32boater55
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear F32boater55,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your most recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments regarding the helpful staff and clean breakfast area. I know that our staff takes great pride in providing superior service and accommodations and I was happy to hear you experienced both.
Thank you again, we look forward to serving you during your next visit to beautiful Grand Rapids, MI.

Rachel Crowther, CHA, CTA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is good and very clean. The place is slightly away from Downtown. But there are quite a few restaurants and shops, infact walkable distance from center drive. Also they serve free Breakfast. Continental though!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Der Vishan78,
On behalf of the entire staff of the SpringHill Suites North I would like to thank you for writing such an excellent review of your most recent stay.
Our entire staff takes great pride in providing “excellent hospitality” to all our valued guests and I am pleased to read you experienced that very high standard our staff has come to be known for.
Thank you again for your kind review. We look forward to serving you during your next visit to Grand Rapids.
Rachel Crowther, CHA, CTA
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

pleasant staff great amenity's it's just a wonderful place to stay when on the road they have one of the best free breakfasts I have ever had just love waffles with strawberry's sausage and eggs you just can't beat that, the selection is to large to list here
Lots of area restaurants and shopping theaters Grand Rapids close by for some good seafood try Charlies crab shack place is always hopping I am sure you will enjoy your stay here I certanly did and I'm a bit picky about things

Room Tip: It's hard to go wrong with Marriott stayed at this location many times over the last 5 years all...