“Beautiful no matter what time of year!”

Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
More attraction details
Owner description: View modern sculpture in a stunning garden setting at this combination botanical garden and sculpture park, which features exotic plants, desert and Victorian gardens, wetlands, meadows, and sculptures by famous artists throughout.
Royal Oak, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful no matter what time of year!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was my second trip to Meijer Gardens and its amazing how different the gardens looked than later in the fall.

Bernar Venet sculptures were on display (will be there until Oct 2014). It was interesting to see them scattered throughout Sculpture Park. They have other displays coming soon and are working on a Japanese Garden that will open in 2015. This is a great place for people of ALL ages to visit. Very easy to navigate and a tram for $3 is available as well.

Can't wait to come back in late spring/early summer to see more flowers in bloom.

1 Thank Emily S

• Korean first
Cadillac, Michigan
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This garden is just beautiful. My only problem was trying to find my way out of the Children's Garden! Very clean, and you can tell that the beds have been very well planned. I cannot say I am a fan of modern sculpture, but everything seems to fit seamlessly. A nice place to spend some time.

Fenton, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Stunning, peaceful....you will want to go back again and again”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This sculpture garden is the gem of Grand Rapids. It is absolutely gorgeous, very peaceful and everywhere you look takes your breath away...from the gardens to the art you are surrounded by beauty. While we were here we took the guided tram tour which was fabulous, our guide was very knowledgeable and pleasant but not intrusive. The tram ride is about 45 min and could become slightly boring for young children...however my 6yr with severe ADHD did well and enjoyed herself (I must say that she was tired which I think helped her get through it as she rested along the way) The children's garden area was very cute and educational in a fun way. I traveled with my Mother who is in a wheelchair and there were no obstacles which hindered her from enjoying the park or the tram ride (she transfer to the tram from her wheelchair) I am looking forward to returning alone this time so I can spend as much time as I like at each exhibit
This is a beautiful park to visit with family/friends, young and old but I also think it is a beautiful place to visit on your own.

Visited August 2013
Gaylord, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lovely flowers and plants, amazing sculptures, worth a visit!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent facility, well groomed grounds, beautiful sculptures, a guided tram tour worth the $3 fee to hear about the art and artists. Ampitheater has concerts during the summer. Children's gardens with fun activities for kids ("sailing" toy boats on the Great Lakes!) A great cafe with delicious choices, even beer and wine for thirsty adults! Waterfalls, plants, flowers, sculpture.....a completely lovely experience for people of all ages. I loved it, and will definitely return!

Bay City, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Tranquil and beautiful”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This peaceful garden and sculpture park is worth visiting multiple times a year as the seasons change. Every time we visit there is something new and different that we never noticed on our previous visits. Plan several hours for touring as the property is extensive.

Visited October 2012