“Amazing Scultures”

Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
More attraction details
Owner description: View modern sculpture in a stunning garden setting at this combination botanical garden and sculpture park, which features exotic plants, desert and Victorian gardens, wetlands, meadows, and sculptures by famous artists throughout.
Tucson
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Scultures”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The gardens are great, but the sculptures are fantastic. The giant horse is truly giant and not to be missed. The children's garden is whimsical and fun.

• Korean first
Evansville, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Wish we'd had all day....”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Beautiful gardens on 132 acres. We only had 3 hours, so we took to tram tour which gave us a good overview of the sculptures as well as the gardens. There are lots of trails we didn't get to go on, but if we are ever in Grand Rapids again, we'll make sure and take the day to walk them.

Louisville, Kentucky
578 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 423 helpful votes
“An All Day Experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I noticed that some people gave this facility a low rating and I can understand if it was because of the concerts. I however have to give them a 5 star because of everything else since we didn't attend a concert. It's our first time in GR and I think this whole place is amazing and I'm sure it's due in a large part to the volunteers. I think the admission price is reasonable but, after you pay the admission I don't think you should have to fork out another $3 to ride a tram around the sculptures. Raise the admission price to cover the tram. We wanted to ride it but, we didn't have enough cash on us. The cafe is also a place to get a good meal at a reasonable price and it's really good. If we ever get back to GR we will certainly return here.

Arvada, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“surprise gem in Western Michigan”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently visited the Meijer gardens and sculpture park and were very impressed. The sculptures are varied and very interesting as well as done by famous artists. I especially liked the horse sculptures based on designs of Leonardo da Vinci commissioned for Milan. Seeing it is very impressive. Would recommend the tram tour for everyone, young and old, as the tram drivers give history and stories of all sculptures. I would definitely recommend this if you are in the Grand Rapids area.

Visited June 2013
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun Date”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Started the day with lunch in the cafeteria - definitely not typical fare - really impressed with food choices as well as their focus on healthy foods. Hubby had chicken and I had vegetarian. Walked the Gardens and Park - nice long walk. Next time would take the tram so we can learn about the sculpture - which is extremely modern. Favorites were the waterfall, farm and children's area.

Visited June 2013