“Add ons are extra, but not told at time of ordering”
Review of Cheshire Kitchen

Cheshire Kitchen
Ranked #142 of 955 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The waitresses offer you simple add ons, like onions, but don't tell you they charge an additional .50 cents. They offer you a bowl of their homemade soup. Then you find out you just paid $6.00 for a bowl of soup. Since this deception happened on two separate occasions, I felt it was premeditated. I said something to the waitress and she gave me the universal shrug. This is sad, because their food is good! Sparkling clean, and friendly staff.

2  Thank HPea_12

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I love this little darling of a restaurant! This is one of few restaurants I have never been disappointed at. Their bread is delicious, their homemade jams are great and so far everything on the menu that I have tried has been fantastic and preparred quickly. Don't let the place it stands fool you, its wonderful. On top of that, it isn't horribly loud like every other breakfast joint in the city. I can hear the people I'm with. awesome.

2  Thank Jordyn H
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This place is definitely worth checking out - I forgot to mention in my review that they served a couple of delectable morsels of their "Bishop Bread" - a sweet dessert bread that complimented the meal very nicely. Please check out my full review of The Cheshire Grill at http://snausysnacks.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/cheshire-grill-on-plainfield/

1  Thank troutdogz
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The decor is darling here - the yellow paint just makes you feel happy to be here. The french toast (wheat) was delicious. Service is attentive and friendly. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Heidi Cakes are quite simply amazing! Whoever thought up that concoction is impressive..... Thanks much for making it a special. Hmmm....my name is Heidi...might there be a tiny little connection? In all seriousness, great food every single visit. So glad I live so close. It's great to support a local establishment and thoroughly enjoy doing so because the food is always consistantly so well prepared. This is one place I am truly wanting to be successful. My kids and I love it.

1  Thank Heidi V