“Tasty!”
Review of Shiraz Grille

Shiraz Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiraz Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 974 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally family-owned Persian Cuisine!
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Have been twice and both times had a very pleasant dinner with very tasty food. The couscous and rice and raisins and saffron I could eat an entire plate of! Yummm!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went for a late lunch. Wonderful does not cover it. I got the couscous salad and a ground beef/lamb kabob and my husband got the lamb kabob dinner and my teenage step son got the ground beef/lamb kabob meal. The pita bread with cheese spread appetizer was an awesome start to the meal. I am a very light eater and very seldom finish a meal out, but I was ready to lick the plate clean if the atmosphere weren't so nice. My husband at his kabob and one of my stepson's, the grilled vegetables and about 1/2 his rice before he had to say uncle too. Good portions, excellent flavors and presentation, atmosphere was so relaxing and nice. Server was friendly and helpful and extremely efficient. Top notch all the way round. HIGHLY Recommend! First time diners who will definitely be back. It is a hidden gem. A very pleasant surprise when you walk in the door! :)

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my second visit to Shiraz Grille and I was beyond pleased. It was a girls' night out and we'll do this again. The service was fantastic. Perfectly attentive, but not too much. Our server was kind and helpful and chatted with us "just enough." Ambiance was perfectly festive. It just feels special at Shiraz. Warm and inviting and pretty. My girlfriends and I purposely chose a Thursday evening so we could watch the belly-dancing and were not disappointed. The dancer was beautiful and talented. The costumes bright and gorgeous. She engaged the diners without embarrassing them, and her performance was just the right touch for an evening out.

The food... Oh, my goodness, the food! So good. We started with the house made hummus and pita, which was delicious. I had the Shirazi salad before my entree, but was the only one of our group to order a salad. I shared, but not happily! Our server was spot on with this suggestion.

The salmon kabobs were amazing. Salmon was prepared perfectly and the herbed rice with fava beans accompanying the salmon, was delicately flavored. I ate the whole thing without shame. The chicken kabob my friend ordered was to die for, melt in your mouth moist and tender. I will order that next time we visit.

One of us ordered the Narange Saffrom Morgh and my mouth watered when it was placed on the table. The aroma on its own.... Goodness.

Saffron ice cream with pistachios and an order of baklava for dessert. We shared. Not everyone LOVED the saffron ice cream, but some of us did (me!) and the baklava was consumed faster than you can say baba ghannouj.

There will be many "next times" for me at Shiraz Grille.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Superb, authentic Persian cuisine, perfectly cooked and a fantastic selection from the menu. If you can upgrade the plain rice to the Adasso Polo, you'll be glad you did. Superb prices, and attentive waiting staff, this is a must visit for anyone coming to the area.

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had dinner here for my wife's birthday; it was a Wednesday, which meant live violin music and $2 off glasses of wine or $5 off a bottle.

Despite having no previous experience with Persian cuisine, our server walked us through the menu without making us feel foolish, explained the spicing and preparation of each dish. We ordered two appetizers (about $6/ea) and three khoresht dinners ($15-$17/ea), and everything was delicious. The meat was tender, the khoresht stew was well-seasoned, and the rice was perfectly cooked. Everything tasted fresh and carefully prepared. I should also mention that everything in the restaurant was immaculately clean.

Despite being the last ones at the restaurant at closing time, staff didn't rush us out and made sure our drinks were filled and table serviced until we were ready to leave. Overall, a very enjoyable dinner experience. We'll definitely be back!