“Expected cheap with no frills, but this was the worst motel ever”

Knights Inn Grand Rapids East
Knights Inn Grand Rapids East
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I reserved a room online and had a confirmation code. When I got to the hotel, the staff argued with me stating that their rates went up and they could not honor the price I agreed to pay in my reservation. What is the point of making a reservation if they can change the price after you have driven 500 miles to stay there. Finally, a manager was called and she fixed it, but not until after I was already upset and the rude hotel staff made my greeting unbearable.

I understand this is a cheap hotel and did not expect much, but the non-smoking room wreaked like cigarettes. The bedding, inclduing comforter, blanket and sheets all had holes and stains on them. Worst of all, the air conditioner did not work. It was 90 degrees outside and I would have been coller out there than I was in the room. I barely slept because of the heat of the room, but based on my earlier experience with the staff was not about to complain.

Finally, I had a reservation for a Queen bed and got two doubles. So all in all, I did not even get what I paid for and had a miserable stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tribefan21
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Grand Rapids East

Reviewed February 20, 2010

The hotel is very near the airport, but the room was very minimal. Wireless internet is not even remotely available. I reserved a room on the motel 6 website, and the front desk worker proceeded to tell me that the price I booked the hotel for was not the correct price. Luckily, he did give me the price I booked for. He had fought with another customer before me.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#27 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI

Been to Knights Inn Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Grand Rapids East

Address: 3524 28th St SE, I-96 at Exit 43A/28th St, Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1604 (Formerly Motel 6 Grand Rapids East - Airport)
Location: United States > Michigan > Kent County > Grand Rapids
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Price Range: $34 - $69 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn Grand Rapids East 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Knights Inn Grand Rapids East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.