“Motel 6 Loses”

Knights Inn Grand Rapids East
Knights Inn Grand Rapids East
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This Motel 6 advertises WiFi. WiFi is NON-EXISTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The signal is so weak that neither my laptop nor Xoom could connect. To add insult to injury they charge $2.99/day! The staff was very polite and helpful, except for the WiFi. The room was clean. We had to ask for toilet paper and a bath towel. Clydesdale horses were tromping around on the second floor above our room. There was a John and a prostitute checking in at 5:30 AM the second morning of our stay. There was an angry fight in the parking lot also that morning. The third morning there were four very seedy looking men hanging around the entrance to the Motel. The evening of the second day there was a serious male female fight in the room next door which lasted for over an hour with the female screaming at the top of her lungs for her "keys". "After all I have done for you...." The non-smoking room reeked of smoke. We will not be staying at the Motel 6 again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dlptir

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Checked in late tuesday evening...sheets were dirty. Complained on Wednesday morning and they said they would clean our room. Never cleaned. had to change our own sheets we got from the front desk. Rooms were never cleaned during our stay, no fresh towels. Had to keep going to the front desk for towels and sheets and clean our own room.

On Friday when we returned a nintendo ds was missing from our bag. We had the nintendo packed under all of our clothes (so obviously the maid had to dig through our clothes to find it.)

Please stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank templeton31
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This is a very inexpensive Motel 6, even by their standards. The grounds are not very tidy, and the carpets need attention and more frequent vacuuming, and new bedspreads would be nice. However, the staff was friendly, I got no arguments about my rate (which I had read of in other reviews), and the housekeeper did a nice job in my room. It was quiet overnight, with no signs of troublesome activity. If you have a pet, there is very little grass at this location, but enough to make it work short term. (I was there for dog shows, and it was OK for me, just for overnights.) Lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I reserved a room online and had a confirmation code. When I got to the hotel, the staff argued with me stating that their rates went up and they could not honor the price I agreed to pay in my reservation. What is the point of making a reservation if they can change the price after you have driven 500 miles to stay there. Finally, a manager was called and she fixed it, but not until after I was already upset and the rude hotel staff made my greeting unbearable.

I understand this is a cheap hotel and did not expect much, but the non-smoking room wreaked like cigarettes. The bedding, inclduing comforter, blanket and sheets all had holes and stains on them. Worst of all, the air conditioner did not work. It was 90 degrees outside and I would have been coller out there than I was in the room. I barely slept because of the heat of the room, but based on my earlier experience with the staff was not about to complain.

Finally, I had a reservation for a Queen bed and got two doubles. So all in all, I did not even get what I paid for and had a miserable stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tribefan21
Reviewed February 20, 2010

The hotel is very near the airport, but the room was very minimal. Wireless internet is not even remotely available. I reserved a room on the motel 6 website, and the front desk worker proceeded to tell me that the price I booked the hotel for was not the correct price. Luckily, he did give me the price I booked for. He had fought with another customer before me.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Travelodge Grand Rapids
#35 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites

Been to Knights Inn Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Grand Rapids East

Address: 3524 28th St SE, I-96 at Exit 43A/28th St, Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1604 (Formerly Motel 6 Grand Rapids East - Airport)
Location: United States > Michigan > Kent County > Grand Rapids
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Price Range: $33 - $65 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn Grand Rapids East 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Knights Inn Grand Rapids East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.