“Upscale and consistent - a treat”
Review of Grove

Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 950 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eastern and Cherry
Transit: Route 4 Southbound (Cherry and Eastern) Approximate .14 miles East of the bus stop on Cherry. Located on the North side of Cherry Street.
Description: Grove, an Essence Restaurant Group establishment, brings Farm-to-Table with modern, authentic cuisine featuring our Essence hallmarks: impeccable service and fresh, natural, local ingredients.
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The food is very good, very well presented and the server that took care of us was very kind and prepared.
It is a little pricy, but it's understandable.
They also offer a three tasting items menu for a fixed price which is a very nice way to try different things.
To be considered for formal dinners and for when you want to treat yourself.

There are newer reviews for Grove

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Came here for dinner with friends, we were pleasantly surprised by the menu options and even more pleased by the meal itself. I started with the oxtail ragu that was cooked to perfection. I followed that with the otto's chicken entree. again, a party of flavors that more than satisfied my appitite. the service was very attentive and atmosphere lent itself to wonderful conversation where old friends could catch up. We will return for sure.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The farm to table concept has reached Grand Rapids with this great value place. It's packed and noisy but fun and a terrifically satisfying meal. The local fish and produce are superb and the service is efficient and very friendly. Don't miss the wine pairing which is an absolute bargain.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I ate here on Sunday, May 18th after the Heritage Hill Home Tour. We were very tired after a full day of touring historic homes and definitely ready to sit down and relax over a good meal and drinks.

He had the peach and ginger hard apple cider; and I had a gin, vodka and cucumber concoction.

We ordered the bread with three spreads - honey butter, garlic olive oil and a pesto for an additional $4. They kept the bread and speads filled.

As it was my husband's birthday, I wanted more than just a casual dining experience without being too fussy. This was definitely a wise choice. The atmosphere was casual and trendy, but certainly not pretentious. We sat indoors in a booth. There is also limited seating on the front patio facing the road with shops, restaurants and a brewery. The neighborhood reminded me of some of the fun dining spots in Chicago.

I had the three courses for $35 which was a very good amount of food for the price, and a great way to sample the menu. We both had the beet salad. I also had shrimp and cheesy grits as a second course and chicken with corn pudding, red beans, grilled brussells sprouts and zucchini. I believe it was called Otto's chicken and definitely had a southwestern flair. My husband had the jambalaya.

The beet salad was nice and fresh; and although I enjoyed it, it could have been a little more flavorful. It sounded more flavorful than it was: beets, rhubarb, strawberries, shaved rhubarb, arugula, pistachio as well as goat cheese. The shrimp and grits as well as my main chicken course were excellent. My husband also enjoyed the jambalaya.

As it was his birthday we received a complimentary dessert for him, and I ordered one for myself. The desserts ran around $5 for small portions. Just enough to wet your appetite after a big meal. They were not overly sweet which was good for us. The perfect ending to a perfect meal.

Service was attentive yet unobtrusive. Would definitely recommend this farm-to-table restaurant.

More about Grove

Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you have one dinner out, this is the place to go. The atmosphere is upscale but not pretentious. The food is delicious and locally sourced, and the three course option is perfect. It was fun to try the different dishes that my husband and I chose. This is one of our favorite places to go for a dinner out, but I will say I have yet to have a dessert here that I enjoyed.