“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My coworkers and I went to Fujiyama's for lunch today. Of the three, two of us hadn't been to the restaurant before. There were very few descriptions of the sushi on the sheet of paper where you marked what you wanted for the all- you- can- eat lunch. We ask the waitress what quantities the sushi came in for each choice and so we proceeded to place our order in accordingly. One of the coworkers didn't like the taste of some of the things she had ordered. At the end of the meal the waitress looked at the plate with food left on it and said she'd have to charge extra because the food was only partially eaten. The waitress was appalled, indignant and was in disbelief that she hadn't finished her meal. This was very awkward and left my friend trying to explain that this was her first time there and didn't like everything she had chosen. It was never explained to us that there was a rule of paying extra if you didn't clean your plate! Perhaps in the future this should be told to the customers up front. Together we spent approx $60.00 and should in no way have to leave that restaurant feeling like we had just been chastised. We certainly did not get out moneys worth-we didn't even place a second order of the all-you-can-eat lunch! It was not a good experience at all.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

First I will start by saying that I love love love sushi rolls. When my managers suggested this place I was all in. We opted for the all you can eat sushi lunch. Since this was my first time I decided to try a few new rolls. Unfortunately I picked a few rolls that I did not like. The waitress never checked on us after she dropped off our food. Once she came to pick up the plates she noticed that I did not eat one of the rolls that I ordered. At that time I let her know that I did not like that particular roll. The waitress looked at me in disgust. She proceeded to tell me that if I did not finish the rolls that she was going to charge me extra. Being that I had not been to the restaurant before I did not know there was even such a rule.......After I told her again I did not like the roll she asked my co-workers if they would help me finish which I thought was a bit abrasive...... In addition to that she glared at me for about three more minutes and asked me one last time if I was going to eat the last roll that was on my plate. I find it absolutely absurd that after spending twenty dollars for just my meal that I am not allowed to dislike something. I find it even more absurd that the waitress went out of her way to make me feel bad for not eating all of my food. I am an adult and if I choose not to eat something I have that right. Needless to say our lunch outing was ruined and I was out of $20. The horrible service that I was given left me ANNOYED.

1  Thank Tierra L
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Still appalled by the way my co-worker was treated at this restaurant. I went into this “all you can eat” restaurant today with two co-workers for lunch. When we had finished eating my one co-worker had a sushi roll left on her plate that she did not like, the waitress came to get the plates and told my co-worker that she had to eat her entire plate or she would have to charge her extra. My co-worker explained that she did not like that roll and that she did not want to eat it, the waitress said “you ordered it what do you want me to do about it.” The waitress stood there and stared at my co-worker for what felt like forever trying to get her to eat the food off the plate. The waitress then looked at me and told me to eat the food on my co-workers plate. We had to tell her repeatedly that we were full and did not want it; the waitress finally took the plates away. It was the most awkward moment I have ever experienced in a restaurant. I would not recommend this restaurant nor would I ever return.

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Visited for daughters birthday as she wanted hibachi, but was very disappointed. Upon arriving for our 6:00 pm reservation, we had to wait almost 15 minutes. When we were finally seated, the grill we were seated at was still dirty from previous guests. The counter was poorly wiped (grease splatter was everywhere) the grill itself still had food on it. When I asked the server if they forgot to clean it, she told me they clean it before they cook. This did not happen. Our appetizer did not come until after entrees were half way eaten. The food was not bad and the waitress was friendly BUT I'd be hard pressed to ever go again.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

While most people probably go to Fuji Yama for the hibachi, we first visited for the all-you-can-eat sushi and now go there when we can just for that. The all-you-can-eat menu includes most of their sushi choices and also some other food. You are given a sheet with the choices available and you simply mark which items you want. You can fill out additional sheets as needed throughout the meal. They also have rules to prevent waste and sharing with people who did not opt for the all-you-can-eat. While the rules are understandable, they can make the meal awkward if you're trying something new and end up not liking it or if not everyone is doing the all-you-can-eat and they want to try something that you're having.

As part of the all-you-can-eat rules, you are expected to (mostly) finish what you order. You will very likely not get your money's worth unless you order mostly sushi. If you love sushi, and have a healthy appetite, you will be rewarded. The sushi is good quality, and there is a variety of choices. They have around 20+ different rolls (standard and specialty ones) to choose from , and you can also get sushi and even sashimi. Being able to have as much of your favorite kinds of sushi as you want is what I love so much. My personal favorites are salmon and white tuna sushi, along with their "Hana", "Pink Lady" and "Snow Mountain" rolls.

Fuji Yama is now our favorite place to go for sushi. Prior to that, we used to go to Tokyo Grill. The sushi quality at the two restaurants is close, which reflects well on Fuji Yama. I have had some side dishes at Fuji Yama that were not as good as Tokyo Grill. If Fuji Yama did not offer the all-you-can-eat, we would still be going to Tokyo Grill (which I also recommend).

2  Thank francishsu