“Nice Presentation”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 984 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pearl at Monroe
Description: At Ruth's Chris Grand Rapids inside the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel we're picky about our steaks and you should be picky about your steak houses. That's why we serve only the finest USDA Prime beef available. Our steaks are hand-selected from the top 2% of the country's beef, broiled to perfection and served the Ruth's Chris signature way: sizzling on a 500 degree plate so that every last bite stays hot and delicious. And if you're in the mood for something a little different, choose from our Chef's Seasonal Specials, fresh seafood selections, classic sides and homemade desserts. So whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food was nicely presented, and good. The place smelled like brown butter, which isn't awful but a bit overwhelming. I rated it average because the experience wasn't worth the hype or the prices.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to the Ruth Chris at the Amway Hotel. Everything is Ala cart, and not cheap. The service was great, food was very good. The only down side is how can the justify there prices?

Reviewed March 2, 2013

loved it, great food etc
but did not like waiting for a table in the bar area you have to be a vulture, scanning and then jump on it.. A hostess should monitor tables in the bar.

Someone did come up to us and say we could seat you in the Lumbermans bar down the hall, but we didnt want to eat there.

staff is trained, its clean and awesome.
not cheap but it is special.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The good: the steak is delicious, served on a 500 degree plate, sizzling in butter. The so-so: everything except bread is purchased a la carte, which runs up the bill very fast. The sides we had (shoestring fries, harvest salad, baby spinach) were good, and big enough to share, so we probably ordered too much food. However, they were nothing extra special and the bread, well, I forget what the bread was like. Atmosphere is nice if you get the area with the big faux leather chairs, but it did tend to be a bit noisy.
The ugly: although I had reserved more than a month ahead, we still had to wait twenty minutes for our table, and the waitress still seemed pretty rushed. It was a very good dinner but truly I've had meals just as good or better, and certainly more innovative, for less money i.e., the Knight Cap in Lansing.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Really impressed by the interior design of the restaurant, chic and trendy but still comfortable and cozy. Wish I had been really impressed by the food. From everything I had heard this was going to be the best steak dinner of my life, and for the price I was sure hoping this was true. Steak was only average and sides were nothing special either. (Did a little research on their steaks and they use corn-fed beef which surprised me. From everything I've read and tried, grass-fed beef is the only way to go.) Service was ok, friendly and definitely not arrogant but not as attentive as I'd like for that kind of restaurant. Dined with 6 others and only two really liked their meal. Won't be returning to spend $$$ at this restaurant, would rather spend it on a locally owned establishment...many to choose from here in GR!