“Very Clean & Fantastic Hotel”

Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very Clean & Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I spend a lot of time in various hotels for my business travels. Over the last 11 years, I have never found a hotel that is as consitantly clean as the Ramada Plaza hotel in Grand Rapids on 28th street. I stay at this hotel now between 1-2 weeks per month, and it is fantastic!!!! I know that when I check into the room, I don't have to worry about a dirty room, or the stray hairs that other hotels always seem to miss! Trust me, after 11 years, most other hotels really gross me out!! I use to stay in Holiday Inn's, Holiday Inn Expresses, Hiltons, Fairfields, Marriotts, etc... and none of them have ever impressed my like this Ramada does!!! Plus..... ALL of the Employees there are Awesome!! They are more than willing to accomidate any need or concern, and they treat me like a friend instead of a guest! 2 nights a week, they also have a Wyndham Rewards member reception with complimentary drinks and dinner!! You can't beat that!! They also offer a Hot Egg-Breakfast & Continental Breakfast in the morning. To top that off, they also have a water-park inside the hotel with a great pool and a large water slide!!
The Old Chicago restraurant/bar is also attached to the hotel, and they serve food until midnight every night of the week. So thats perfect for me when I get in late from working or traveling!! I have recommended this Hotel to everyone I know and everyone that I work with. No; I don't work for the hotel, but after 11 years of constant hotel stays, you really start to become picky about what you expect from a hotel stay!!! If your going to be staying in Grand Rapids near 28th street, you really should stay there!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Commerce Township
Reviewed June 29, 2010

When I work in Grand Rapids (only 1hr 45 minutes from home...an easy drive to stay in my own bed), my three kids insist on coming with me to play at this Ramada. The pool with beach balls (a nice touch), water slide, arcade, game area with pool table, air hockey and ping pong, keep my kids VERY occupied and happy. The hotel is extremely clean (with one exception..the carpet in the common area next to the pool needs a good shampooing), comfortable & elegant lobby, rooms are comfortable and offer a great value--in room coffee maker is a must for me. The free food and drinks for Wyndham resort members (sign up when you get here), saved me from spending $50 bucks at one of the dozen or so restaurants just outside the front door. This is our second visit, but my kids are already asking when we can come back. . The walk in price of $109 for a poolside room was quickly dropped into the $85 range when I asked if there was a better price available. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed June 19, 2010

The hotel is large and they claim to have an indoor waterpark....waterpark is a pool with a slide. The rooms are large and clean. The bathrooms however were not as clean as they could be, there was dirt in the corners and stained bathmats in tubs. If you have small children BE WARNED the rooms have large windows with no screens. There is no free breafast you have to pay over $3.00 for what other hotesl offer for free. On the other hand there are tons of great places to eat very close to the hotel and most are family friendly including discounts or free meals for kids.Cleaning staff is very rude. knocked on our door and told us it was time to go 30 minutes before checout. Got a good deal on the hotel using hotwire. I would not pay rack rate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kalamazoo
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Upon my arrival to Ramada Plaza I was pleased before I even entered the hotel.
I came to Grand Rapids on business and I felt the location was great with lots of shopping and restaurants to choose from. Upon entering the building I was greeted very nicely by the hotel staff. They asked me what brought me to Grand Rapids and was very eager in letting me know about the Business Center that was offered with free wireless Internet through out the hotel. When I reached my room I was even more pleased to see how nice the room was. Nice comfortable bed and very clean. After a good nights rest I went to the hotel lobby to have breakfast and to my surprise I was able to order a homemade omelet which was a nice way to start off my morning. Before leaving the hotel, I did use the business center which was very traveler friendly. During check out the staff again were friendly and welcomed me back to the hotel which I defiantly will.
Thanks Ramada for such a nice stay

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This hotel is in a great location next to the Woodland Mall, numerous restaraunts, a movie theatre etc. The bed was very comfortable...from traveling 3-4 days a week, this bed rates higher than most. The pillows could be a little higher quality... but I wont ding them on that by itself.

They offer a very inexpensive contenental/ hot breakfast. The omelet was great. The days we stayed there they offered a managers special for guests which was really impressed me the most... free alcohol and bbq ribs, baked beens and potatoe salad. For a budget traveler, which I am, this hotel was great. The ping pong and pool tables were great to enjoy as well!

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Every other week I travel to Grand Rapids for business and stay at the Ramada. The staff is thoughtful, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable and it's a great place to bring the kids on the weekend. I would highly recommend the Ramada if you are ever in Grand Rapids.

morley, mi
Reviewed May 10, 2010

The Hotel experience was Great. The Front Desk staff was warm and friendly and very helpful. Our rooms were very nice. We came on a Saturday and it was quite loud but we expected that due to having a pool with a giant water slide. What we didn't expect was having a creepy lifeguard. The male lifeguard was always staring at the bottom of the pool, like he was looking for something. Always staring at you with the "Deer in the headlight look" on his face. Never smiled. Then a young child came down the slide and she was struggling and instead of assisting the child he just stood there with his hand out trying to coax the child to him, a man in the pool ended up coming to the childs aid. That was very disturbing to me. What if the child really I went to the front desk to address the issue, and someone came and spoke with him but he still acted the same after being spoke with. Our over all experience was great but if we come again we will make sure we keep a close eye on any child with us as there as some of there pool staff should not be in this business.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family