“Great accomodation with extremely friendly and helpful staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids

Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Ann Arbor, Mi
“Great accomodation with extremely friendly and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

Each year a group of ~ 8 of us travel to a different hotel and city for some mother/daughter fun. This year we selected Grand Rapids and the Ramada Plaza. We selected the Plaza because of it's great location on 28th street but found there to be many more reasons to like the place.....
The poolside rooms are great. Lots of light and having the extra door that opens to the pool and sitting area made coming to and from the pool easy.
The staff were extremely friendly. The general manger, Larry, took a special interest in making sure we had settled in and were enjoying our stay. Larry reminded us of a Wyndam ByRequest member party occuring that evening and happily served up hot dogs, cheeseburgers and refreshments. Larry's colleague Chris was also very helprul. He offered some advice on where to shop, eat and sight see. Overall, the hospirality was above and beyond what we've experienced elsewhere.
We will be recommending the Ramada Plaza to our friends and who knows....perhaps we will be back next year!

The poolside rooms are great.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SuitCamper, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this review, July 10, 2009
Dear Krazy22,

Thank you so much for bringing your Girls weekend to the Ramada. I am glad you were able to enjoy the facility and take advantage of our Wyndham Rewards Reception on Wednesday nights. I know the pool side rooms make it easier to socialize with the tables sitting right outside your door. I hope you would consider us for your trip next year as well. You guys were a blast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel with several of my friends and their wives - we were there on a saturday night - the hotel was full but not overcrowded - the staff went out of there way to make sure we had a good time - food and service at the Chicago Grill (attached to hotel) was top notch - from 10pm until 11pm pool area was for adults only (which was very nice & fun) -rooms were very clean, modern & well stocked - I will definitely stay at this place again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SuitCamper, Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Dear Mike W2009,
Thank you for your recent comments and your recnt stay at the Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids. I am so glad that you enjoyed the facility and were able to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your business.
Wayland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2009

Upon arrival, Emma at the front desk was extremely helpful at checking us in. There were a couple of people ahead of us so I was afraid it would take forever..note, I'm not the most patient of people. Emma and her co-worker were efficient and the check-in wait was short..whew! The room was clean and spacious for the rate and location of the hotel! Castaway Bay was wonderful! The pool is large enough for a slide and a few swimmers. The adult only time later is a great idea. I played Wii for the first time and went down the slide. My daughters had a great time as well. We ate at Old Chicago Pizza which had great prices! There is an ABC Wine store behind the hotel with an awesome selection of wines. We walked to the mall which does have a theater!
Thank you so much for making this stay amazing!

• Stayed May 2009
Dear Winsor1111,
Thank you for your recent stay and your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to read that you and your daughters had a great stay at our facility. I will surely pass on your nice comments to Emma!
Davenport, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

Excellent location - right by the Mall, and with complimentary shuttle to/from the airport. Check-in and check-out were smooth. Staff was friendly. The indoor pool and slides are a unique feature! The workout room was well-equipped with free weights, something rarely seen in hotels these days. Breakfast was superb and worth the $6 I paid.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SuitCamper, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Dear Anthony_Hame,
Thank you for your stay and your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel facility and location. I am especially glad that you noticed the free weights in our fitness center as they were recently added.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

We were a late night arrival, just passing through. The rooms were clean and updated, and the bed was so comfy.
Apparently there is a waterpark onsite, and this is next to the mall.
Staff was polite.
Plentiful parking.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms9,
Thank you for staying with us on your Grand Rapids pass through! I hope that next time you and your family come through this way, you will will make the time to play in our Castaway Bay area.
GM
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

We took a mini-vacation to visit friends in the area in March. I booked a bunk-bed suite poolside, and my kids and I were so impressed. The staff went out of their way to welcome us, the rooms were immaculately clean, and my kids loved the indoor pool and the bunk beds! There is a lot to do activity-wise in the local area (Meijer Gardens was awesome too), but the kids would have been perfectly happy to stay at the hotel all day and evening in order to enjoy the pool, game room, in-room Nintendo units (TWO of them!!!), pool table, ping pong table, and air hockey. It was a great stay, and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Dear Mom of Trips,
I am so glad that you and your children had such a nice time when visiting. I am especially glad your kids enjoyed the bunk beds....for kids, they are really cool!
My kids love the pool and slide as well!
Thank you for your comments.
Grand Rapids, mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

We stayed at the hotel with a huge group of friends for a getaway pool party for the kids. A chance to enjoy a pool in the dead of winter. The kids had so much fun with the pool, water slide, games, Wii, ping pong. My younger ones enoyed it and my 11 year old son came home saying it was one of the most fun things we've ever done with this group of friends. Great time!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Dear Dcarl37,
Thank you for staying at the Ramada Plaza with your group of friends for a late winter getaway. I am especially glad that your kids enjoyed all the games and activities. I hope you and your family return soon!