“Stay in Grand Rapids”

Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a poolside room. We could not shut out the light from the Castaway Bay area (the drapes did not come down far enough). The rules in the hotel room said that the Castaway Bay area had to be vacated by 11 p.m. but people were out there laughing & talking until 12:30 a.m. My granddaughter & I could not get to sleep, very noisy. The bathroom had mold on the ceiling because there wasn't any ceiling fan. I would not recommend a pool-side room. My granddaughter left her IPod charger in the room. I called the motel about it, was put on hold several times. Nicole said she would call me back. She did not. I called again 1 1/2 hours later & she said she just found out that it wasn't there. No call back - poor customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaPlazaGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated. Our Pool side rooms are enjoyed by many of our guests. Our policy is to limit noise levels after 11pm in that area. I apologize if there was a group allowed to remain in the pool area to talk. I will review our policy on this. All of our rooms have exhaust fans, but some of them are routed thorugh the light fixture. I am sure we would have called you back back in regards to the charger. However, I do apologize for the delay. I will try to reach out to you to apologize. Thank you again for your feedback.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Layout awful. Hallways long, rooms far from elavators that may or may not be working and What a nightmare of a layout - all apparently so you could add some pool play area I guess. lobby certainly not centrally located.Weird pool set up intrudes on everything. Rooms are just FAR from main door and back entry parking is almost impossible to find in a tight alleylike area. Massive lights shone directly in my guest window - apparently lighting the hotel sign more important than guests getting sleep without blinds in perfect place. Room oddly small, the "pretend" bedspread is not just useless but genuinely annoying. Closet door was broken so couldn't use it. The TV quality was awful - this isn't the 90's. Electric sockets not located for use near bed - so phone charging on floor. My decision to move to Holiday Inn Express was a good one and my earlier stays at country inn and at staybridge were all much better so I won't be back to Ramada. And no free breakfast AND free coffee only until 10:00 a.m.? Good luck with that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Valued traveler,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments and apologize for not meeting your expectations. The hotel has multiple, secured and well lit entrances with elevators close by. I would compare the layout to several other name brand properties on the 28th St corridor. We are planning on addressing the age old plug problem with new lamps with outlets included very soon. In addition to the lobby coffee, we supply coffee in the guest rooms complimentary and will replensih as needed. Thanks again for your feedback.
Travelers also viewed these Grand Rapids hotels
Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#27 of 48 in Grand Rapids

Been to Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids

Property: Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Address: 3333 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Location: United States > Michigan > Kent County > Grand Rapids
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids 3*
Ramada Plaza of Grand Rapids is currently undergoing a complete remodel of guest rooms, common areas, breakfast areas, meeting rooms, and pool areas. Construction will be ongoing until July 2017. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please call the hotel directly for the most up to date information. Thank you for your patience and understanding. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids Hotel Grand Rapids