“Clean and right priced”

Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
LAKE ODESSA
“Clean and right priced”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Came just for one night, clerk quoted $99.00 plus tax for a single king, two people. I ask her what the rate is for disabled veterans. She said the government rate was $70.00 a night. The room was larger than we expected. The room smells clean and had enough towels. The staff was friendly. We were on the fifth floor which was a great view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaPlazaGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Michtex,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you qulaified for a military discount. I will pass on your comments about the cleanliness and the freindly staff. Thank you for serving our country and thanks for staying with the Ramada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Saginaw
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just stayed at the Ramada Plaza in Grand Rapids for a conference. The meeting space and food was outstanding. Comfortable, and eye pleasing. What really stood out was a young lady at the front desk that took the time to draw me a map to a convenience store nearby after offering first to have the shuttle take me. Then she remembered me in the lobby to make sure I found the place without problems and made extra efforts to personalize her service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone look for clean, comfortable accomodations with good customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rmasag,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am especially appreciative that you pointed out the personalized service your received from the front desk staff. In addition, they remembered you from the previous encounter. That is what guest service is all about! I will gladly pass this on to our staff.
Warrington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a wonderful time as we stayed here for a wedding. The accommodations were excellent. And the service was great. had one small issue and they were right on top of it making sure that we were completely satisfied. Would gladly stay there again!

Room Tip: The suite were really comfortable for our family and very spacious! An excellent choice for a family...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear ScottJ-2012,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the accomodations and guest service during your stay. This is a great hotel to celebrate a wedding gathering and we are one of just a few hotels in the area that has multiple suites available to our guests. Thanks again, I will share your comments with our staff.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The overall hotel was fair. The room was average and comfortable for what I would expect. The halls were old and worn and didn't seem to have any A/C, very hot. The room was clean and acceptable without any major complaints. We got a decent deal through Priceline, but had I payed the normal price of $110 or $120 (I believe it was), I would have definitely felt robbed.
The pool area was the worst part of the experience. This was unfortunate since I was traveling with my 2 kids who were very excited about the water slide and pool. The pool area was very unkept and dirty. The stairs up to the slide were filthy and looked like they had not been cleaned for a very long time. We found other gross things in the pool like old band aids that shortened our pool visit. The pool was also very crowded and there was very little supervision by hotel staff (which for the water slide made things unsafe). I
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel unless you can get a very good deal and only need a average place to stay the night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear BucknDee,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our staff. Most of our guests love our pool area. I am happy to report that our pool slide structure and steps were professioanlly painted this week. It looks great!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a family reunion held at the Grand Rapids Ramada this past weekend and was Extremely Satisfied. They assisted me with the planning, pricing, set-up and were "on the ball" the day of the actual event! Ramada also made sure all of my families rooms were accommodated accordingly. I would recommend them to anyone!! :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RamadaPlazaGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our service and everything went great for your family reunion. This is a perfect location for a family reunion. I will pass your comments on to the staff.
michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I ended up here for three nights with a shopping companion thanks to a "express deal" on Priceline. The price was definitely right and this hotel is located adjacent to a major shopping center and close by all kinds of other retail and eating options. Our poolside room was clean and comfortable, a little tight in the bathroom, but overall nice. It was dark because the curtains had to be closed because of the close location to the pool. We made use of the fitness center which was nearby and adequate, although some equipment was a bit tired. Breakfast was not included in the cost, and was not able to be charged to the room because the restaurant was separate from the hotel despite being located in the middle of the lobby. A minor annoyance we tolerated one morning and the others we found nearby spots for breakfast. The pool area was incredibly loud, both while we were using the pool and when we went to our room at night. The yelling and screaming in the area didn't cease until well past 10 pm. Another slight annoyance to a paying guest was the heavily advertised "party" space for the pool area. It seems the hotel was more interested in the party aspect of the pool area than the comfort of the regular guest. A final annoyance was the final morning was trying to use the fitness center to find our keys were no longer useable, de-keyed if you will. Overall it was a decent stay, but with some minor glitches along the way to make it interesting. If the price is right for this hotel again, we might be back, but I wouldn't ever pay rack rate for a location that doesn't pay attention to the details that make a guest want to return no matter the cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Our rooms over looking the pool are action packed with activity at times. Many of our guests love them because of the proximity to the fun , and kids can go back to the room without leaving the pool area. Glad to hear you enjoyed the location and will pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff in regards to the clean room. We also offer room packages with breakfast as well.
Portage, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here for a three day class that was taught at Western, which was three minutes away, on the beltline. I would recommend this place to anyone.

I had an especially nice visit with Chris the manager during the complimentary "Happy Hour" on Tuesday (it is also on Wed. from 5pm-6:30) After a day of class, it was enjoyable to meet some guests and the staff. The Happy Hour offered two kinds of pizza and drinks. The food was great and appreciated.

The breakfast has a nice variety-pretty much standard fare-waffles, cereal, bagels and sundry. The simple breakfast is $4.50- they offer an upgrade for $3.00 more. The upgrade includes eggs and omelets. Although I, like many, am used to this being free, they owe no one any apologies for the spread-clean, plentiful, and graciously served.

It is an older hotel, but had the feeling of being well loved, and the staff was consistently friendly-from the housekeeper who gave me extra towels when I checked in, to the immaculately kept room, with the comfortable bed and comforter that was made daily while I was at class.

I enjoyed the hot tub, but a group of unsupervised kids descended on the pool area one night. The young staff at the front desk did not really address it. I am more comfortable telling parents to respect the rules and supervise their children. (and telling kids to go get their parents when they are unsupervised-one of them was very young and did not swim well, nor was he given any attention by the too-young kids he was with-) The pool and hot tub were clean and appropriately cleansed-I am pretty sensitive, and the chlorine here did not bother me at all.

Overall, a wonderful experience-this is centrally located-near a mall and movie theatre, lots of restaurants and activities. While a little older, it was immaculately maintained (although maybe due for some upgrades-maybe soon) The staff was wonderful at every encounter over my three day stay.

Room Tip: I understand that not all of the rooms have a refrigerator. I asked for, and got one-just saying...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very excited to hear you enjoyed our Wyndham Rewards reception which we have every Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. I will pass on your feedback to Chris and to the rest of the staff in regards to your compliments about our guest service. Nothing makes me happier!