“Family Reunion Experience”

Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our family reunion took place here; impressed by the availability of handicap rooms and overall cleanliness of rooms and cheerfulness of staff. When Aunt Peggy needed a hospital stay and then returned to the motel, she was allowed to stay in her room after check-out time to await her afternoon flight home! The motel staff even checked on her periodically before her flight. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda T

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I bid $40/night for a 2-1/2 Star hotel on Priceline, and won a stay at this property. It is an older property, obviously developed near the same time the adjacent Woodland Mall was built (which was in 1968). All the same, it was clean and well-maintained. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The TV in my room was a new, large flatscreen, which was very nice. The bed was very comfortable. The negatives: the wireless Internet was 1990s-style slow (at least in my room, which admittedly was on the top floor at the far end of the hallway); and the keycards did not open the locked exterior doors on the far side of the property, a problem which I noted others were having. I did not use the pool/waterpark area.

The property is located right in the heart of 28th St. suburbia; the huge Woodland Mall is next door (though, in true suburban style you have to climb a grass berm and hike across a parking lot to get there). If the national chain store or restaurant you're looking for is not in Woodland, it is definitely within one mile in either direction along 28th St. Downtown Grand Rapids is only about a 10-minute drive, however, and provides a great selection of local shopping and restaurants in an environment that actually has character.

I would definitely pay $40-$50/night again to stay at this property; I have paid this much at "list price" for other hotels that were downright filthy and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cookaa
Reviewed June 14, 2012

First, this is a very inexpensive hotel. If you are looking for the Four Seasons this isn't it. However, I found the lobby to be clean and welcoming. My room and bathroom were clean and I was very happy with the very big flat screen in the room. I didn't use the pool area or the exercise room but I walked through it just out of curiosity. Nothing special except a water slide that wasn't functioning for some reason. Maybe it is seasonal? I'm not sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chwilliabiztraveler
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had my reception at this hotel. My contact was Kristin Ingersoll the Sales Manager 3333 28th Street Southeast • Grand Rapids, MI • 49512-1677 Phone: (616) 949-9222. Since I was out of state we had a lot of talking, planning etc. She was able to work with me and my wedding planner who was also out of state. There was not one glitch misstep or mistake. I was even over an hour late to my reception and Kristen held it all together. Kristen was available it seem 24 hours…she kept me informed and kept track of all my requests. We also had discounted rooms for the guest along with the suite for the wedding party. The staff that served the food was ever so gracious and took care of the wedding party like royalty. My relatives are still talking about the reception hall and the rooms. Even the children had fun with the pool. I highly recommend Kristen (Ramada) for any of your parties, reunions etc. She is great and I am so appreciative of the way she handled my wedding party and guest.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cherrie c
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The level of noise coming from the floor above us and from the hallway were too much when combined with an older bed. My wife put in earplugs and did ok, unfortunately I didn't have any. Nice TV in the room is about the only positive. Very inexpensive and it shows.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Inn with family back in April to celebrate Spring Break. I regret ever using my debit card. For 1 the hotel is in need of a major make-over. Dirty dingy carpet a rancid odor in the halls and some appliances didn't even work (tv and remote). Don't even get me started on the filthy pool area that somehow has been deemed a water park more like a hazard with the excess amounts of chlorine. The bathroom was no treat either and i had the biggest suite available in this hole. We ended up checking out the next day and were told we only had to pay a fee of $77.04 because of our inconvenience everything else would be refunded which it was. So it was to my surprise when I looked into my account yesterday a month later and found it to read -394 dollars USD. Apparently the night my card was swept in April at the front desk some type of "glitch" occurred and they didn't receive their money. Yet they managed to refund me the difference of the $308 that was suppose to be charged to my card that night. So when I contacted the Ramada Inn they did nothing for me they told me they had a "glitch" in the system and my card didn't run correctly that night. Which is their fault yet somehow I have taken full responsibility for their irresponsible business behavior and malfunctioning computer system and am left with a $394 balance that I can't afford to pay for till next month. So unless you like glitches and unexpected charges that send you into overdraft stay away from this facade of a hotel. They will tell you you spent money that wasn't yours if you receive a refund. When in actuality they didn't take the money that was waiting for them in the account you charged your room to because of "glitches". I've never experienced "glitches" at any other properly running establishment never will visit a Ramada again.

Room Tip: Go 2 Another Hotel 4 A Good Room None Available Here
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you plan on staying in this hotel make sure NOT to get a room with window facing the so called waterpark that the hotel has as your room will reek chlorine fumes unbearable to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012