“Stay AWAY”

Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Traverse City
“Stay AWAY”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Old hotel that has not been kept up. Plaster in ceiling in hallway falling down. Internet stopped working and when support was called they said front desk had to reset modem. Front desk was "too busy" they said. Called guest relations 800# and they said the GM has 3 days to resolve the matter. Didnt help me. Ill never return after the level of service i had

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kronenwetter WI
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was here for business and booked on Priceline. The hotel was just ok, no free breakfast. Sometimes I think I should pick a 2 star just for the breakfast.
The room was Ok but in the morning there was no hot water. So a cold shower in March. Never apologized just said they were looking at the boiler.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2012

customer service was not too friendly.the room I had smelled musty so i asked to be switched,which they did.2nd room was good up until at night when the weather changed and there was a huge draft through the window.my money got stuck in the pop machine, and they didn't fix it.the pictures online were not even close to the way it looked in person.pool room was not that nice.breakfast not included.i'm sure it's not the worst but i'm sure i won't be returning there.i had my daughter and her cousin with me and they felt the same.the beds and pillows were good though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My family and I wanted to get away for a fun, relaxing get-a-way and thought this hotel would be fun because of the pool and water slide but t turned out to be a completely disappointing experience. Our friends joined us on our trip so we got joining rooms, we got to the hotel and checked in, it was late so we waited to go to the pool til the next day. The halls and rooms had a musty smell and the beds are so lumpy and uncomfortable. My friend and I went to relax in the hot tub when the kids went to bed and the guys were playing games, when we were down there (during adult time) there were a bunch of guys in the hot tub drinking beers and a couple teens swimming/sliding on the slide. The next day we went to the pool, there was a "pool staff" guy walking around who was walking around with an erection and noticeably holding himself with his hands in his pockets, mind you there were A LOT of children and few adults. We went to sit in the hot tub and there were beer cans from the night before sitting around the ledge of the hot tub. Then in the pool I was getting one of my kids while another was up in the kiddie pool, he came out of the kiddie pool and went under right in front of this "Pool Staff" guy and he did nothing to help my son, my husband had to jump over the wall of the kiddie pool to grab him before he drowned. When we were talking about what happened right next to him, he looked over at us and started laughing. If we hadn't already paid for both night we would have packed up to leave right then, but instead we just didn't take the kids back to the pool. When we checked out the front desk staff was nice but we complained to the manager and all we were offered was a free breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE, I would actually warn someone if they told me they were planning on going to this hotel that it's not worth what you pay.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sarah N
Stanton, Michigan
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed at the ramada for 2 nights. First night was by myself the 2nd night I was having my family meet me. I checked in and the front desk staff was very friendly they pointed me in the derecatoin of how to get to my room on the 3rd floor. I got on the elovator and went up to the 3rd floor only to step off and find that I was on the oppisted side of the hotel that I needed. Not a big deal to walk and find your room but when your bag is heavy is makes for a longer walk. I found my room went in sat my stuff down and like always when I check into a hotel I always check for bed begs. After my check and finding nothing I started to look around the room and take a few pictures to share. I spotted a stain on the duvet cover and bedskirt. I also found a rip on the couch and a ear plug on the floor from different guest. Other than those few littel things the room seemed to be very clean as well as the bathroom. I did not have a great view from my window but that was not a big deal. The tv channels were very limited and were not very good which was a dissapotmant. I did have to go down to the front desk and request a new coffee pot since my was broken. They were very nice and sent housekeep up with a new one for me.
Day 2 I decided to head to the mall since it was right behind the hotel and this would give housekeeping a chance to empty the trash and what not. The hotel has signs in the room telling guest what to do to help go green. I decided to fallow a few and they were to use the same towels and sheets. Not a big deal I do it at home. I did not leave the change my sheets card on the bed and I did hang up my towels, but when I came back housekeeping had changed to the sheets and I know this because the duvet cover did not have a stain on it like the last one. They also took my towels and let clean ones. I know this is what they are use to and they are only doing there job but if they could just look before they do to see who might want to help the envornmint. Later that day the rest of my party checked in and they request a room by the pool. I went down to see them and all I could smell from the pool was clorine and all you could hear in there room was everyone playing and yelling in the pool. But that is the room they wanted and i was glad I didnt get one. Since there were birthday partys taking place my party deiced to wait for adult swim which I am glad they have. Only a few adults were in the pool and then 6 teens who did not look very old showed up without wristebands and began swimming and going downt he slid. They were not very aware of others when going down the slide. one of them came out of the slide right after I did and I ended up kicking her trying to get out of the way. They did this for most of the hour. All while the pool staff just sat there doing nothing. Other than a few small things my stay was overall not to bad.

Room Tip: For a quieter nights sleep get a room far away from the pool
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank renob88
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We love ramada! We had such a great time the service was perfect and sooo freindly. We had a awesome time playing in the pool and hotub. The room was very clean and nice. the tv didn't work very well but we didn't watch much anyways. The food from the bar/resturant was horrible! They sshould look into getting a diffrent chef. But other than that we had a great time and will def go back very soon.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank jessikayjose
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Disappointed in my stay. Attended a conference, which was very close to this hotel. Stayed 4 nights. We were placed in an inside room between two hallways - one of which bordered the inside pool area. Extremely noisy and chaotic. The staff was friendly, but inefficient. Had to contact the desk 3 times for supplies, and once to put the a/c cover back on after the cleaning staff must have knocked it with a vacuum. Very weak wi-fi. Full of children/youth running and yelling in hallways, with no adults and no staff to stop them.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the first floor and away from the pool area.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business