“Great wedding!”

Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had our wedding at this hotel and had a wonderful time. The staff was very accommodating with all of our requests as well as our numerous guests that stayed at the hotel. I stayed at the hotel Friday night, as well as Saturday night, and it was a great stay. For booking their facility we were given a suite for the night of our wedding which was quite large (2 rooms) and had a nice jacuzzi. Overall, we would recommend the Ramada for both weddings and over-night visits.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
RamadaPlazaGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Congratulations on your recent wedding. I am so glad that you allowed us to be a part of your special day. It is also great to hear that you and your wedding guests enjoyed their overnight stay and had a wonderful time at the reception! Thank you again for your feedback and selecting the Ramada Plaza for your important day.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Ramada! The staff is wonderful, very friendly and accomodating.

We also loved the Chicago restaurant that is attached. They have great food and service and are open very late with sports on the big screens!!

My son thoroughly enjoyed the water slide, he stayed in the pool most of our visit.

I would highly recommend staying at this hotel in Grand Rapids, MI!

Room Tip: Rooms off the pool are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
RamadaPlazaGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Dear Crosemk,
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed Old Chicago….it is great feature to have Old Chicago attached to the hotel. I wish I could eat there everyday! Most people with children ages 7-15, just love our pool side rooms. I will pass on your nice comment about the helpful staff.
Glad you enjoyed and thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here with our 2 children (5 & 7) and got a room with an attached room which had bunk beds for the kids. The TV wasn't working in the attached room and it was fixed by a serviceman within minutes of a service desk call. The room was on the 2nd level but with access to the pool/rec area. This made it nice to get to the pool and waterslide during our stay. The waterslide entertained both kids for 2 hours as they must have made 20 trips on it. The hot tub whirlpool was close enough we could watch the kids in the pool from it.

The hotel location is in a safe area near the mall with access to shopping and dining options. It seemed to us to be a great place to stay while in Grand Rapids.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Dear OHfamilyguy
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. It sounds like you stayed in one of our family rooms with the bunk beds. Those are great fun for the kids. Glad you enjoyed the hotel and your family was able to enjoy the great location. Having the Woodland Mall in our backyard makes it very convenient for our guests. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Our stay was a spur-of-the-moment trip...the reservation process was simple and they did not balk at the one day notice. When we got there we were greeted with smiling faces and competent representatives. They explained everything (the waterslide/pool hours and rules, the restaurant hours, etc) and sent us on our way in less than 10 minutes. Our room was cool and clean - plenty of sparkling white super-soft towels in the room and a VERY clean bathroom. My son was happy to note the Nintendo in the room ($6.95 per hour) and my daughter was happy to see so many channels on the TV.

The pool area was super clean and organized and manned by 2 very friendly smiling guys. They weren't life-guards, but attendants, and they made sure that everyone was safe and playing by the rules. The pool is great for kids - there is a wading pool area for the little ones (1.7 feet deep) andthat meshes into a 3 foot section which moves into the deepest part of 4.6 feet. My 6 and 7 year old were thrilled that they could swim the whole pool without being scared. The water-slide is FAAAAAAST and lots of fun. (A bit scary for Mom!!!!) but my kids loved it! They swam for 8 hours on Saturday! There is also a pool table, ping-pong and air hockey, as well as a nice game room. They all take tokens and there is a machine right there. Nice for a little break from the water.

There was complimentary coffee singles in the room which were re-stocked immediately when I asked. The housekeepers were super friendly and quick at their job. The restaurant staff was nice and efficient. The beds were comfy and soft and there were plenty of pillow (6 super plush ones in my 2 bed room).

We had a great time and I recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Mid week 39,
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Sometimes, those un-planned mini vacations are the most fun. I am so glad that you and your family had such a nice time. Wow -8 hours of being in the pool is a long time- but it sounds like they took some game breaks. I have shared your comments with our staff. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I arrived from a late night flight. My travel agency had messed up my reservation. The Desk Agent immediately resolved the issue. Went beyond the call doing so. Very concerned that I was completely satisfied with my stay.

The room was great. Extremely clean.

I also taught a class in their conference facility. It is first rate and you could not have asked for more attention to detail by the set up crew and the catering staff.

I look forward to my return to the area. My class was a great success and demand is building anew.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
RamadaPlazaGM, Manager at Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thank you for your nice remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and a succesful conference. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

We went to Grand Rapids for a one night weekend trip. I had looked for hotels for a few weeks and this happened to be the only one available that could fit our requirements - either two rooms available or a suite to fit six people (2 adults and 4 children) and really close to our event that my daughter was going to. The price was okay, and the hotel claimed to have an indoor water park. What a disappointment. The hotel is really in need of repairs and updating. We could tell the minute we walked the hallway to our room - even my eleven year old could tell it was "what a dump". It was the worst place we have ever stayed in as a family. The beds were clean and the bathroom okay, but the furniture in the second room was worn and it had a huge tear in it. The coffee table had some large splatters on it (looked like milk) that wasn't cleaned off from whoever was in it before us. The kitchenette had cabinets, but not a single cup, spoon or even bottle opener.

To top it off the windows in our room leaked all night long - drip, drip, drip. Tried to adjust the fan to drown out the noise, which we couldn't adjust, and to top it off, the metal paneling on it was half ripped off, good thing I no longer have real small kids who could've poked an eye on it!

Another disappointment was the water park - if you can call it that. It's basically a small hotel pool with a water slide. The hotel photo makes it seem much larger than it is. It was completely packed that night so only one of my sons went down it and then he only went down it twice and was ready to go - it was just too crowded.

I did like that right behind the hotel is the Woodland Mall and there is much more shopping around the area, along with plenty of places to eat.

I had read reviews of this hotel before we booked it, sure there were a few negatives, but some went on about being great for kids, nice service, so thought we would be safe. So wrong - listen to the bad reviews - it definitely is broken down and we won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We welcome constructive criticism, as it helps us get better. I have shared your feedback in regards to our suite to ensure they are properly supplied and maintained. Most of our guests with families really enjoy our pool and water slide and appreciate the sitting area, which many waterparks do not have. I would agree that being right next to Woodland Mall is a major plus!

Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I are foster parents to 4 children from 2 families. We were looking for a place where we could bring all children, parents and siblings together for Christmas Morning. With the spacious suites, the awesome waterslide and the board room, we were able to bring 17 people together on a very special day. Ramada's staff was beyond helpful from reservation to check out. Everyone from 6 months to 60 had a wonderful time. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This was truly our best night of 2010. Thank you to Ramada for helping us make this happen.

• Stayed: December 2010

Thank you for your wonderful remarks which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your reunion and made mention of the "spacious suites and awesome waterslide". We look forward to welcoming you back soon.