“Worthy of the #2 Beer Bar ranking. Food is excellent as well!”
Review of HopCat

HopCat
Ranked #6 of 950 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 49 Drafts, 250+ bottles -- all craft beer, plus food you mom would make if she loved craft beer.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Went to HopCat two days in a row. The first was so-so as it was just after lunch so not a lot of people were there. Came fro out of state and I knew this place was known for being a great beer bar. The first day I was underwhelmed but the 2nd when I came back for dinner made up for it!! Arrived at 6pm and this place was jam packed!A line to the door. The one negative was this place was so busy and yet it was a "seat yourself." but still people were very respectful of the line of people and seating went surprisingly well considering.

Service was stellar! The beer selection goes without saying but for being so jammed packed we were served food probably within 10 mins or ordering and our server checked on us a lot. I was impressed. She was on top of her game and remembered exactly what we ordered.Food was much more delicious than I was expecting for beer bar food. Crack fries lived up to the hype too!! Even when people were done eating they had a quick service of busing tables to get the next person in. Again, this place amazed me not by the quality of food & beer but also their service.

There are newer reviews for HopCat

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

What a fun place! Great, friendly atmosphere. We had the fun guy mussels and crack fries as well as the fried Reuben appetizer. Everything was exactly as described and delicious. We will definitely be returning the next time we are in Grand Rapids.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

HopCat is a solid bar in GR. It's kind of a beer snob place, so don't expect to order a Bud Light or Miller Light because they don't have it. If you like craft beer, more specifically, local craft beer, then this is a great spot. If you're hungry, there's only one option: crack fries. They are without a doubt the best fries in Grand Rapids. They have excellent burgers and the pork bbq is really good too. Service is usually ok. It can be a little slow even when they aren't slammed. Just enjoy the beer and crack fries and you'll be fine.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The bearded bouncers at Hopcat are on a real power trip. I wanted to remind them that it was dinner time, no one was drunk or unruly, and also that their profession is BOUNCER. I am never going there again just because I hate their stinking guts.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Hopcat doesn't blow me away. Service is usually good, what should be given. I find it a little expensive to sit and drink a few beers and eat there though. BUT, go there for Happy Hour and get yourself a burger and a beer for a cheap price. Thats the real deal here. Otherwise, in my opinion, the beer is more than it should be (same beers cheaper other places) and the food is also more than it should be for the quality.