“Best bar in Grand Rapids”
Review of HopCat

HopCat
Ranked #5 of 955 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 49 Drafts, 250+ bottles -- all craft beer, plus food you mom would make if she loved craft beer.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you like good beer and many varieties, you have to try this bar. The food is fab. Staff is friendly and helpful. This is the second time we have been there and it's always busy.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Crack Fries, nothing more need be said... Okay so the rest of the food is good too but crack fries really are what me coming back time and again. Our last visit was marred only by the number of beers that were out of stock but the list is long and varied.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Rated the 3rd best beer bar in the world by Beer Advocate magazine. Tons on great beers on tap and hundreds by the bottle. Great food...love the cheddar and beer soup and the spicy buffalo rolls. Great staff who really know their beer.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been coming to HopCat for a few years now, and every experience has been wonderful. First of all, the staff magically manages to find seating for us in less than 15 minutes every time that I am here. I don't know how they do that even on a Friday night, but they are seating wizards.

There is an extensive menu of beer, and I always manage to find something that I like. The waiters are very helpful with suggesting beers that I might like based on my previous tastes, and they are well-mannered in general. I have had many different waiters and waitresses, and they are all great.

The food is delicious as well, and very reasonably priced for the area and quality. I have tried several of the sandwiches and burgers, and they have been a true treat each time.

I really can't say enough good things about this place!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

stopped in for lunch with some guys from work, service was quick and the meal was great. parking was the only downside, but we made it work. i would return given the opportunity.