“Great funky bar and restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of HopCat

HopCat
Ranked #7 of 925 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 49 Drafts, 250+ bottles -- all craft beer, plus food you mom would make if she loved craft beer.
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Great funky bar and restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Grand Rapids was a big surprise during my visit to Artprize. Found Hopcat by accident and had a nice lunch. Really great atmosphere, very pubby with all the beer selections, the decor is eclectic, lots of wood-great back bar, good service, food typical for bar food. All in all a fun place to eat. Would definitely go back if in Grand Rapids again.

• Visited September 2011

michigan
“great beer selections but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Cool atmosphere, amazing amount of draught beer and a really cool men's room! However, I have found the bartenders to be somewhat snobbish and inattentive and when I've sat in the dining area, the service has been consistently slow. My biggest concern - I have now twice had my credit card held at the bar (running a tab) and had my card hacked. On both occasions I found my card would not work immediately after I left when I tried to pay for my parking with my card. And, on both occasions, I started getting charges from African countries on my credit card. So..... I wonder what happened when they were in possession of my card. From this point forward, I'll just go on a cash basis!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank skiteshome
Michigan
“THE Best Food & Beer Menu Around!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

We have been to Hopcat a few times, when we are in the Grand Rapids area, and I can honestly say that this place has the best beers on tap. Not only do they have roughly 40 beers from around the world on tap, they also make their own, which is pretty darn good itself. My wife and I have been to roughly 55+ of the 75+ breweries in lower michigan, and this one is definitely in our top 5 in Michigan; Not only for beer and selection, but also for the food. The food here is out of this world. Everything we have ever gotten was great.... and you have to try the "crack fries"..... These things are amazing. I really cannot say anything bad about this place, other than it does get busy and waiting for a seat on the weekend can be an issue, but then again, all good things come to those who wait!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Double-O-Negative
Lake Station, Indiana
“If I lived in Grand Rapids, I would be a regular.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Food=Fantastic
Beer=Amazing
Service=Rocks

I've been through Grand Rapids a handful of times, and every time I go through the city a stop at HopCat is essential. Their crack fries are exactly what they say, addicting! With a place full of random, awesome beer they have quite the competition with their food menu. Everything is fresh and always delicious. I'd recommend a trip to the pope if I could.

• Visited October 2010