WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Professional service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prince Conference Center at Calvin College

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
Prince Conference Center at Calvin College
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Professional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great service, comfy rooms and good breakfast. Airport shuttle was quick and convenient. I was speaking in the adjacent conference center and found it very convenient. Good walking / running trails nearby. First time to Michigan.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for the great review! I hope that your first time in Michigan was great, and you will come back to visit again. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the conference center.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
CHICAGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed at the Prince Conference Center on business - I was speaking at an event hosted there as well. Excellent meeting space - very homey with two fireplaces and friendly staff.

The rooms were excellent - quiet, clean and great for work. Loved the snack area with coffee and juice open 24 hours. This was also the breakfast area and the buffet breakfast rocked!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear GenealogyNinja

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and the conference facilities. We appreciate the kind words, and look forward to you coming back and staying with us again.

tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Once again, the Prince Center treated me like royalty. The staff is professional, helpful, friendly. The rooms comfortable, clean, quiet, with a breathtaking view of the beautiful grounds. And breakfast? Pretty amazing...with homemade cookies, fruit and coffee/beverages throughout the day. I would highly recommend this bright, cheery place for any need you may have--I've enjoyed it for our annual business conference, as well as a personal get-away. I always want to stay longer. I commend you, Prince staff and management, for making us all feel so welcome we hate to leave. :)

Room Tip: The suite just to the right of the dining area is my favorite--the 2 rooms can be joined or partitio...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jgsl
Dear jgsl

It is great that you joined us again, and had a great experience! We are happy to have you come back, and hope to see you again soon. Thank you so much for the kind words.

See you soon!

grosse poine, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a terrific place to stay if you are in Grand Rapids. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast is amazing. We so enjoyed taking an early morning walk on the nature trail. Everyone is friendly, helpful and organized. The worse thing I can say about it is I could only stay one night. I would never stay anywhere else in GR.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
pattinase

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy you had an opportunity to stay with us. We hope to see you in the future, and for longer too.

Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was our 5th trip to Grand Rapids and the best place we've stayed by far. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The view from the window was of a nature preserve instead of a freeway. It was a lovely relaxing walk through the preserve.

We were there for Artprize and would have liked to be a little closer to downtown, but it was well worth the extra travel time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hartlanddeb
Hartlanddeb

I want to thank you for the kind words. we are happy that you were able to stay with us and experience the nature preserve and all we have to offer.

We hope to see you in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I used the recommendations on tripadvisor to choose the Prince. My friend and I enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Prince to others looking for a wonderful place to stay. The staff is friendly, the facility is well maintained and the breakfast was great. The snacks all day including coffee makes the Prince feel very comfortable and welcoming.

I agree that the shower is small but was thrilled to see a fan in the bathroom. Something I have not seen in many hotels recently. The rooms, bedding and facility is beautiful down to the floral centerpieces on the tables in the lobby and breakfast area.

The location is convenient to the Meijer Gardens and was not far from downtown and Gas Light Village and restaurants on Cherry and Wealthy Sts. Next time we stay we will explore the Ecopreserve on campus.

Congratulations to the staff of the Prince for a job well done.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Zumba2010
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Zumba2010,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I am happy to see you plan on coming back, and to enjoy the Ecopreserve that is behind us.

We look forward to having you come back.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

In addition to what other reviewers have said: We enjoyed exploring the ecosystem preserve outside the hotel. The kids loved the snacks, which are available all day once breakfast is over. This is a family friendly hotel (other than a shower in the bathroom, which may be difficult for families with really small children).

The only dislike that I had: I made a reservation for a king suite. However, when I arrived, I was told that the king suite was handicapped accessible and was given to someone else requiring it. I understand this, but I wish I had known this when I made the reservation. When I expressed this, Christy quickly found us a room in a nice location and gave us a discount. Thank you, Christy! If we are in this part of town again, we would try to stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor facing the ecosystem preserve are quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
MamaMay0402

Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure to discuss what you brought up about change in room type. We should be making sure you are contacted before your arrival.

I will make sure Christy is aware of the great comments about her. Thank you again, and we hope you and your family are able to come back and stay with us again.