Prince Conference Center at Calvin College
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
CityFlatsHotel(Grand Rapids)
$165
  • Restaurant
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$267
$224
  • Pool
$86
$81
$144
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$63
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$84
All reviewsnature preservecookiesthe breakfast areapleasant lobbya great place to staysparkling cleanmeeting spacebuffet stylehot breakfast in the morninggreat facilityreal platesseveral choicesmeijer gardenswafflesguest roomsaverage breakfastawesome stay
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Prince Center is a great place to stay. The beds are fantastic. The place is always very clean. It is quiet at night. Staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby is very comfortable. I love the fresh flowers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Susan S,
We are glad that you were able to rest during your stay.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grand Rapids.
Have a great day.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Prince Conference Center is a wonderful facility - not lavish, but totally functional and very, very hospitable. The breakfast is complete and varied. The staff is extremely hospitable, friendly, helpful.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this as a place to stay and a place for meetings without any reservation . . . well, that is I have no reservations in recommending! You will still need to make reservations for your needs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Halvard T,
Thank you for your review. We loved having you and hope to see you again soon.
Safe travels,

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm embarrassed to say I found this hotel by accident.....the hotel down the street was booked, so the lady there recommended the Prince Conference Center. What an outstanding stay! The staff was courteous and professional, the common areas were very well kept and the rooms were clean and comfortable. While the rooms may be a bit smaller than some other hotel chains, there are all the comforts of home and business in the room. The breakfast has everything you could want out of a continental breakfast and again (common theme here), the area was very well kept, spacious and clean. Every time I'm in the area, I'm staying here!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim W
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Tim,
Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you found us and found everything to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again on a future trip.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am honored to say that I was the first person to rate this hotel on this site and even then I knew that it was a gem. I have visted this hotel several times since the first visit and I am still a huge fan. After my last visit on 29 Aug 12, I can honestly say that I am now the President of the fan club.

My sister and I encountered car problems on the date that we were to check-out from the hotel and with the help of the hotel staff and campus staff, the problem was fixed and we were able to return to Chicago safely. During the incident, myself and my sister became a nuisance to the staff with our constant phone calls to the desk and requests for assistance. The staff was exceptional in dealing with both us and our problem. The staff was very professional in their dealings with us but at the same time they made us feel that we were not alone in dealing with the problem. The manager/Justin Jackson, realizing that we had missed breakfast offered to have a staff member provide us with bagels and juice. Justin also located a member of the campus staff, Doug, who provided us with assistance which ultimately led to our fixing the problem. Justin and the staff without hesitation allowed us to extend our stay while dealing with the problem and never made us feel rushed or bothersome. The staff went above and beyond our expectations in dealing with our dilemma. My sister and I upon being able to leave the facility offered to tip the hotel staff/campus staff and they all refused the gratuity. We left the hotel after having received many blessings and prayers from the staff.

I have visited the Prince Conference Center on several occassions since the first posting and I can honestly say that each visit is better than the last. I will be visiting Grand Rapids for at least the next four years and whenever possible I will be staying at the PCC. As a matter of fact, before the car ordeal I had attempted to make reservations for a king suite for the family weekend in October but would readily stay in any room available because the PCC is always my FIRST CHOICE when visiting Grand Rapids. It is not the price alone that beckons me to the hotel but the environment and people. I have stayed in the double, the king and the king suite and while not the fanciest rooms they always make me feel like I am at home. The walking trails and scenery are gorgeous and the breakfast "ain't bad either". The rooms and hotel are always clean and there is always someone available to help answer questions.

I have stayed in many highly rated hotels in my life and PCC rivals them all. It should be considered as one of the best in Michigan.

Thank you Justin and the entire hotel staff. I am sorry that I didn't get all of your names for this review. Thank you Doug for missing lunch and helping us to return home to our kids safely and for dealing with being the middleman for our hometown mechanic via the phone. Also, thanks to the unknown gentleman with pick up truck and campus security. Hope to see you all again in October, but will definetly see you again over the next four years. You didn't ask for anything in return for your professionalism and assistance but I hope that this review places PCC in the forefront of the minds of others when visiting Grand Rapids and Calvin College.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

We are thrilled to hear that you made it home safely. I did pass along your comments to Justin. We love having you visit and look forward to many more. We appreciate that you posted the first comments here and we love having you as a Fan. We wish you many more safe travels.
Amanda Campbell
Meeting & Conference Planner.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Room was very clean and modern. We enjoyed walking on the trails at the nature center. All in all it was great! Staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast options were varied and plentiful. Would recommend to travelers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I am glad that you enjoyed the trails through the Ecosystem. It is just lovely during the summer. If you come during the fall, the leaves are just beautiful. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.