“Continued excellence at this hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
Prince Conference Center at Calvin College
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Central IL
“Continued excellence at this hotel”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my first stay at this facility -- which really is a hotel and should be re-classified on the web-site. Like other posters I found everything to be first class, immaculate and beautiful. The staff was very helpful, prompt and smart. I appreciated the 24 hour availability of snacks and tea/coffee in the breakfast area. Posters might want to know that the Prince Center is part of Calvin College which is a "dry" campus. You'll have to drive a mile to get to a place to have a beer -- no disadvantage in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We are so pleased the you enjoyed your first experience with us. We hope to see you again when you travel to Grand Rapids.
Many blessings,
Meeting & Conference Planner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vineland, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stay at the Prince CC whenever in Grand Rapids for business and pleasure, which is fairly often. The service, facilities, and amenities are first rate. The grounds and common areas are spacious and inviting. I wouldn't stay anywhere else and recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We appreciate you kind words. It is a joy to have you stay with us and we looking forward to seeing you again real soon.
tx
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Peaceful. Immaculate. Efficient. Exceeded my wildest expectations! Everything about this facility and its staff can be summed up in one word: EXCELLENCE. From the moment the shuttle driver met me at the airport, to the moment I had to leave, I was treated like royalty--and I believe all 160 of us at our 4-day conference felt the same. Morning, noon and night, the staff was gracious, friendly and accommodating, serving us well. I had to ship some items home, so they found a large box and even mailed it for me. We appreciated the hearty breakfasts, healthy meals, well-equipped workshop rooms, and comfortable beds--as well as the 3-mile walking trail around the property, the bright, open lobby and dining areas, where we were able to hold some of our meetings. We even indulged ourselves in the round-the-clock coffee/tea bar and freshly-baked cookies and muffins. I got to stay over an extra night and wished it could have been another week, there in the main floor suite--roomy, pristine, with gorgeous views--and completely wheelchair accessible. All in all, a grand experience in Grand Rapids. As soon as I can find an excuse to return to Michigan, I know where I'll stay--can hardly wait!

Room Tip: Suite 201 on main floor is roomy, bright, comfortable, well-equipped, convenient and wheelchair acce...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We were very happy to have you and can't wait to see you again. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and conference.
Blessings,
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days for a conference, and everything was perfect. The center's shuttle picked me and dropped me off promptly for my flights, and the hotel rooms were clean with comfortable beds. The front desk people were very helpful and solicitous, and breakfast was good and plentiful. There is a nice area with cafe type tables and chairs in the front of the center, which were perfect for getting to speak to other conference attendees in more intimate groups. I also found the cost of staying here to be very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our facility has to offer. We are thrilled to you stayed with us and we look forward to your next visit.
If we can be of assistance, just let us know.
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed for one night following a wedding at the Meijer gardens. The staff was very nice and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable, and the rate we got was much better than most of the other hotels in the area. I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne615
Anne,
Thank you for your recent visit. I am sure that the wedding was beautiful and that you were able to enjoy the Frederick Meijer Gardens.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Grand Rapids.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very well situated, a short walk from the Calvin College campus, with excellent meeting rooms, cordial and attentive staff, and guest rooms supplied with every amenity. And there's a beautiful nature preserve just behind the Prince Conference Center.

Walter,
We are happy to hear that you found everything to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Safe travels.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Prince Center not only has awesome rooms and views and great, but every nook and crook has comfy chairs and a very relaxed atmosphere. It's more than just a typical conference center. It's a space designed for getting together with others in a way that most hotels don't even come close to. This would be a great place for any business / personal getaway.

Room Tip: Room 323 is a corner king room with a great view of the nature preserve and pond and has a virtual p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed the view from your room. The ecosystem is beautiful in all of the seasons and are glad to be able to offer that to our guests. We hope to see you again soon.