“1st Visit, Will visit again” 4 of 5 bubbles

XO Asian Cuisine
Ranked #353 of 916 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“1st Visit, Will visit again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Last night was my first visit to XO and it was pretty good. My girlfriend and I had the Mongolian Beef and a chicken/peanut/veggie dish. I really liked the tender, flavorful chicken. We had rice and fried rice, but there wasn't much difference other than it seemed the "fried" rice was soaked in soy sauce. I was disappointed in it as I had heard it was really good. (I've had better). The beef was pretty decent too. Since Art Prize was going on and I think they had sushi special, it was quite busy. We sat outside though and were greeted in about 10 minutes. (The wait inside was 20 min). Once our orders were taken, the service was pretty good and prices are reasonable

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Celebration, Florida
“Wonderful food, ideal service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Last night was my first time at XO--I was taken by a friend of mine from Korea. He admitted that the food there wasn't much like anything they had "back home", but that hardly mattered. I don't like sushi, so we tried meals off their main menu--the Mu Shoo chicken and the Mongolian beef. The Mongolian beef was good, but the Mu Shoo chicken was fantastic. I had never had anything like it before, but it was delicious. The restaurant wasn't loud, was clean, and had a great serving style. The waitress that we had was always by my side when I needed more water, or anything else, but never hovered or intruded. The prices were spot on, too! I will definitely be returning here again.

1 Thank Biz_St
mattoon il
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't say it strongly enough: Avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Between craving sushi and reading the reviews on tripadvisor, this restaurant quickly became our top choice for the last night of our vacation. We could not have been more disappointed. I've never had sushi be so flavorless. It was just bizarre. I can only compare it to the pseudo-sushi you sometimes find on cheap Asian food buffets. If it weren't for adding a copious amount of wasabi, there would've been no flavor whatsoever. It's bad when you can't taste the difference between unagi and a California roll with your eyes closed. But not even that would compel me to write such a scathing review. No. What pushed me over the edge was (midway through our meal) the cockroach that crawled across the back of the bench seat lining the wall where my husband was seated. My husband tried to grab it with his napkin, but it got away only to later make it's appearance at his opposite shoulder and meander it's way down the front of the seat. At that point, we snagged the attention of a passing waitress who let out a muffled "OOOHHH, " and quickly dispatched the critter with a bunch of napkins. My husband asked, "Do you have many of those?" To which she replied, "A few..." Um, yeah. With cockroaches where you find one, there are HUNDREDS. Revolting. Best part--no apologies, no visit from the manager, no comp on the meal.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank myra1970
Lowell, Michigan
“Excellent For Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Love Eating Here, Especially For Lunch. The Food Is Really Fresh And The Prices Reasonable. The Spring Rolls And Sesame Chicken Are My Personal Fave. Atmosphere Is Nice And Quiet!

Spring Lake, Michigan
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This a great place for Sushi with half off Tuesdays impossible to beat. Nice little outdoor space in downtown.

• Visited June 2013