“2112”
Review of Van Andel Arena

Van Andel Arena
More attraction details
Owner description: The Van Andel Arena is a 10,834-seat multi-purpose arena situated in the Heartside district of Grand Rapids, Michigan. After a $75 million construction effort, the arena opened on October 8, 1996 and since has attracted over five million patrons. It is home to the popular Grand Rapids Griffins ice hockey team, the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Detroit Red Wings.As a concert venue, the Van Andel Arena seats about 12,858 for end-stage shows, and 13,184 for center-stage shows. The arena floor measures 85 by 220 feet (26 × 67 m). The arena features 9,886 permanent seats and 44 luxury suites, with the 16 luxury suites in the upper bowl seating 20, and the lower 24 bowls seating 15, and the others at 18. There are approximately 1,298 retractable seats at Van Andel Arena.
Santa Barbara, California
202 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 415 helpful votes
“2112”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I went for a Rush concert and it was an amazing experience. It was very nice venue. The staff were wonderfully friendly and polite. Some arenas have security that is crazy stupid. Security was more than adequate without the rent-a-cop attitude. Thank you!

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Always hosts great events”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Whether it is a Griffins Game, a concert, or Monster Jam The Van Andel Arena hosts a great deal of fun events. They have a large selection of places to get food and drinks. My family has enjoyed many events here. Always a good time.

Visited April 2013
Alto, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“So glad to have a real arena in Grand Rapids”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have come to Van Andel since it opened many times. Mostly for hockey and music concerts. It wasn't until recently standing in line with my kids to get in that my husband and I were talking about when we were young and had to go to Kalamazoo, Battle Creek or Detroit to see any concerts that I remembered how lucky we are to have it here. Always a great show when we go. Looking forward to many more!

Visited March 2013
Muskegon, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Kenny Chesney April 25, 2013 Concert”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Concert was Awesome! He's so full of energy! Great singer-performer! Felt like I was the one Kenny was singing to personally. He stood a lot of the time in front and focused on one spot looking. The left side of the stage. I really did feel like a fish out of water though.
The husband and wife beside me where groping each other/drinking heavy the whole time. .... Uneasy with him bumping into me a couple of times. He'd smile and start groping his wife harder. The girls behind me left. Was glad he moved to the stage with his wife.
Other than that, he was Worth every penny. The Van Andel Arenal was easy to find parking and was easy to get back out of. Very Clean inside and out. Nice place. First time.

Visited April 2013
Rock Falls, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Arena”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went to Van Andel Arena to watch the Grand Rapids Griffins play the Syracuse Crunch in the American Hockey League's Calder Cup Finals. Up to now, this has been my only experience at Van Andel Arena. I thought it was in a very nice location within the city. There was plenty of parking within a short walking distance. I thought the arena was very clean and had plenty of concessions and facilities. I had a great time at Van Andel Arena and hope to visit again in the near future.

Visited June 2013