“Seriously overpriced”

Ranked #23 of 1,059 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2019

I had not been to the Electric Cheetah in a few years. While the food was good, it was terribly overpriced. $40.00 for 2 burgers and a bowl of soup?
I will not be back.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

We went here at 5 pm on a Monday evening. Area is street parking only with meters. At this time you don't pay after five. We were able to get seated as we walked in.

They have sveral craft root beers. I would suggest you get samples as they are not all your traditional sweet root beers.

I ordered their version of a hot turkey sandwich. It was very good. Mashed potatoes with turkey gravy and a cranberry compote covered with house chips and a sweet potato puree on the side.

Our waitress was attentive and freindly. She even traded out my root beer when I found out their Harry Peuter Butterbeer is nothing like the Harry Potter Butterbeer at Universal Studios (sample them first).

Overall a good time. If you go later in the evening or on the weekend parking may be an issue.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

If you are craving homemade Mac n Cheese, this is the place to go! They also have a very unique offering of homemade sodas. Very casual, welcoming atmosphere. Would definitely go back.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

This was our 2nd visit here, using a coupon on a Sunday afternoon. Their Sunday brunch menu is excellent! Some of the foods they have here are quite unique. There are many different types of root beer to try. And I had a huge piece of banana bread prepared on one side like French toast. What a treat!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed April 22, 2019

Popped in here for dinner on a Saturday night. Hostess told us it would be 30ish minutes, but we were seated in less than 5. It's a small restaurant with a high top around the kitchen that let's you see all of the tasty things happening in the back.

We started with a flower basket--which I cannot recommend enough--and two root beers, which they brew in house. We tried the Hairy Pawter and Salted Butterscotch, both of which were incredible.

For entrees, my husband ordered the mac n cheese with salmon and lobster and I ordered the vegeroni macaroni bologna. To my surprise, I think the veggie version was better; the seafood one had a bit too strong a seafood taste for me. However, both were delicious and I wouldn't be mad to eat either again... we're fairly big eaters and I was concerned the entrees alone may not be enough, but don't be fooled. I walked out with a box and my husband absolutely stuffed.

If you're lucky enough to score a table on the quick, this place is one of Grand Rapid's finest.

Date of visit: April 2019