“Absolutely Excellent Food”

Ranked #23 of 996 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2017

After going to "the gardens", four of us stopped here for lunch. Between us, we ordered sandwiches, mac and cheese and the combo fries (hand cut regular and sweet potato). The food was excellent, the service was really good and we took a LOT of food home with us. That being said, I have to remark that the prices are a bit high. If I lived nearby, I would probably not go here very often.

The neighborhood (Wealthy Street) appears to have a lot of interesting shops and places to eat.

1  Thank JuneNY

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I've been here numerous times over the years and though the menu may change, it is always excellent. Servers always helpful. Fun, fun place.

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

I had the 'it's not my brothers chicken sandwich' and it was fantastic! I also loved the fries with the 3 dipping sauces. I sat at the front counter talking to one of the chefs as he was cooking. A very nice experience!

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Cool, hip looking restaurant with great decor. Love the 40 root beers, but quickly discovered 39 of them come in bottles. 10 flavors were not available, so we couldn't get too crazy. Wish there were more on tap that we could sample, but the 3 we tried were good. Apparently they serve beer and wine, plus some spirits but they are not on the menu!!!! You have to ask specifically for alcohol and there is no indication they serve - what's that about? Kids' meals were way too big. They should have split one choice between them. Yahtzee sandwich was really good (cute idea to roll dice 3 times and get a Yahtzee, then the sandwich is free!) Fries were too greasy.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Located in an up and coming neighborhood on S.E. side of Grand Rapids, MI.
Menu has many unusual choices....ask your waiter for explanations. Enjoyed our food and excellent service. One of the quirks here......lots of unusual root beers!
Our whole group of 6 enjoyed their food and service.