“Try It, You'll Like IT”

Ranked #22 of 984 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Three of us had lunch here on a Sunday afternoon. My daughter-in-law recommended it so her mom and I wanted to try it. The two of them ordered the sandwich called, It's Not My Brother's Sandwich. They both said the sandwiches were very good. I had the Macaroni and Cheese with Asparagus and Almonds. That is the best Mac and Cheese I have ever had. It was served hot (not something that happens everywhere) with a grilled lemon to squeeze on top which added a wonderful flavor. As I type this I am eating my leftovers and enjoying every bite. We also ordered a basket of fries because I wanted to try them. There's only one other place I've been to that can make them that good. We ate the whole thing. The restaurant was busy when we arrived so we waited a short period of time and it was worth it. The restaurant stayed busy. I love that the restaurant appears to be doing well. The service was excellent.

The menu has a good variety of choices and in fact, I had trouble deciding what to order. My daughter-in-law tells me that the root beer is very good as well.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went here on the basis of the TripAdvisor reviews and it didn't disappoint. The combination of sandwich, soup, and salad for $13 was a great value. I had the pork sandwich, tomato bisque, and salad. An outstanding meal.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was sooooooo good. I had the salmon which came with mashed sweet potato/pecan topping, an ear of very sweet corn, fresh green beans with an amazing topping, and started of with a salad. The salad was the only thing I would say was just a salad, the house dressing was very good. The meal was awesome. Food was well prepared, well priced and perfect portion. Rarely do I get dessert but with the food this good I had to and had the blueberry cheesecake, wow! The warnings for this place, parking is difficult as there is no lot all street, and the place is so popular that you may wait pretty much all hours. We were leaving at 8:20 pm on a Wednesday and people were still coming. In addition to great food, if you are a fan of Root Beer they have a menu of over 40 coming from around the country. In addition they are known for the Mac and Cheese menu.

2  Thank BT105
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed lunch at the Electric Cheetah after having it recommended to us. The food was very good and the menu provided a variety of offerings. They offer a huge variety of root beers from around the state and across the country. I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong picking anything from the menu. Make sure to save room for dessert!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have not found it very easy to get a meal and only twice have I been able to get a sandwich. I had the Spinach Lady Salad and the Club Tickle sandwich on a gluten free bun. A fantastic meal. I could eat and not have to worry about gluten.