“You Get what you Pay For”

The Chop House - Grand Rapids
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Grand Rapids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 955 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Service is impeccable. Portions are gracious and the food is 5 star all the way. Nice wine menu and bar service. Ambiance is the best in Grand Rapids, Better value than Ruth's Chris and far more relaxing experience

1  Thank jirehrep

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We go about once or twice a year for a treat and it is always exceptional. The steaks are always perfect and my wife usually gets seafood and says the same. Great wine selection and the service is what one would expect. If you like cigars make sure you finish up downstairs where you can also have an after dinner drink and/or desert.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our 2nd time to the Chop House - Grand Rapids, but it won't be our last. The Chop House is one of those "special occasion" types of places. The prices are on the higher side, but both the food and service are exceptional.

I had made our reservation through Open Table (www.opentable.com) and added a note that we were planning an early supper prior to going to the theater. When we arrived, our table was ready. Both the hostess and waiter asked when we needed to leave for the theater. They made sure we had plenty of time, but did not make us feel rushed in any way.

A new feature, the menus are all on SmartPads. As you touch a menu item, there is a picture. Pretty cool and very high tech!

We ordered the Calamari and Wedge salad as our first course. Both were excellent. The Calamari were very fresh and fried in a very light breading. The Wedge was crisp, fresh, and dressed very lightly.

My wife had the Salmon, which again she said was excellent. I had the Cowboy Cut (Bone-in Rib Eye). It was done to perfection. We had the spinach as our side. We were too full for dessert, but the coffee was great.

We both took home a "doggie" bag. My wife enjoyed a wonderful Salmon and spinach omelette and I steak and eggs the next morning. No, the dog did not get anything! Oh yea, we don't have a dog!

Back to the Chop House, the service is exceptional. Out waiter was very knowledgeable and very attentive. Water and drinks are kept full and empty plates are cleared quickly.

As I wrote when I started, this was a 2nd visit to the Chop House Grand Rapids, but won't be our last. The location is great for pre-theater dinner as it right across the street from the DeVos Performance Hall. We highly recommend Chop House Grand Rapids for those "Special Occasion" meals!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our second trip and again we were delighted with everything about this upscale restaurant. The lobster bisque is not just good, it's the best. Not only is the food fantastic but the atmosphere is warm and friendly. The new digital menus are a nice touch because they answer so many questions about the items including pics and ingredients. This is the perfect special occasion restaurant.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I chose The Chop House for my birthday dinner because they offered a free meal deal. I had never been there before so I figured it was a good time to try it. My husband and adult daughter joined me. We were wowed. The decor was elegant, the food was fantastic, and the service was outstanding. We loved the iPad menus with wine pairings suggested for each food along with detailed descriptions of the food. We are now regulars. It is absolutely worth the full price.