“Excellent food and outstanding service in downtown Grand Rapids”

The Chop House - Grand Rapids
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Grand Rapids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 948 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a dinner in the Chop House on a Tuesday night, together with two business relations (also from Europe). I made a reservation up front and it was neccessary too! The restaurant was full on a tuesday night! Because of my guests arriving an hour late, I had my starter at the bar by myself. I tried the oysters and they were good enough. The staff told me they would keep an eye on the arrival of my guests and they did. The three of us had a drink at the bar until they had a tabel for us ready. Our waiter was just the friendliest man on earth! Because of the late arrival we decided to only go for a main dish. We had a sirloin steak and two pepper steaks. The meat was maybe the best I have ever tasted! It was so soft and tender, without loosing its strenght. We had some side dishes like broccoli, baked potatoes and a small salad. As a desert we tried the creme brulee (the three of us). Good quality.
In short: if you like good meat and perfect service while in Grand Rapids, you have to make a reservation at the Chop House.

There are newer reviews for The Chop House - Grand Rapids

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ate here on a Friday night. The menu is an I-Pad, which allows you to touch any entree and view pictures and read about it. Same with the wine lian excellent experiencest, touch a wine and it opens a page that tells you all of the details. Entree's are pricy, steaks start about $40. Sides run about $9 and are big enough for 4. WE both had the filet which was excellent and cooked to perfection. The service was impeccable, and the manager stopped at each table to chat and inquire how the meal was.
In all, it was an excellent experience. Be prepared to spend money, but it is a good spot to celebrate an occassion.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Simple dinner of a petite Filet and a great Wedge salad that was excellent...there is a chain steakhouse across the street but I wood come back here 10 out of 10 times.
Menu features seafood, fowl, pork and a.selection of wine + bourbon to make you drool...a Cigar bar downstairs tops off this wonderful place!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The food selections were quite impressive as well as the service. We reserved a small private room for a small group of approximately 20 people. The wait staff were extremely sychrinized in their serving style. A wonderful and enjoyable experience. Yours Truly, The Tasting Tattler

1  Thank TastingTattler
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Combined birthdays and moving back to Michigan into a great celebration. Lobster Bisque, scallops, steak, sole almondine, lobster were loved by all. Excellent wine list then retired downstairs to cigar lounge for surprise birthday cake created by chef. Outstanding service definitely will bring us back many times.

1  Thank Jeff M