Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Excellent rate, very clean, good breakfast and popcorn in the lobby! Staff was very friendly. Very cozy with many amenities. Will definitely return repeatedly. One of the best hotels in terms if value. I stayed at a Hilton recently, which has a good reputation, but paid twice as much and didn't have what this hotel had.

• Stayed: March 2013
countryinngrmi, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Sfassett,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your kind words to our staff members. We look forward to your next stay.

See you soon,

Katelin Parmelee

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Bree delivered excellent service. Positive and professional. And I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call a few minutes after getting into my room, it was the front desk checking to see that my room was satisfactory! The room was clean and decorated nicely. I have already shared my positive stay with friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank dhyde01
countryinngrmi, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear dhyde01,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our survey. We take great pride in making sure that every single guest feels right at home. I have informed Bree about your curteous comments, as well as the rest of the staff. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have switched to this hotel after years at other hotels, and it was the best move I've made in years. I got a great rate and they welcome my little canine travel companion. After a minor problem with a noisy heated all night. the staff person Bri moved me to another room on the top floor and I've slept like a baby each night after that. Oh, by the way, she also gave me a free upgrade from a single queen room to a King Suite even before I got here. It is a great room with 2 TVs and a huge soft King bed. Country Inn and Suites not only serves a hot breakfast buffet each morning; sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, juice, and coffee, etc, but they also serve a hot light dinner buffet for guests. Each evening a different tasty dish is served with salad and beverages. Add to this a free USA Today each week day, and hot fresh cookies and popcorn each night, and this is the most comfortable hotel I've found in years. Guests are supported by an excellant staff; including Bri and Amber and the company can be proud of them, as well as the great kitchen staff member. I look forward to my next stay here.

Room Tip: The upper floors are very quiet with no one overhead. All rooms are fairly close to the elevator, bu...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
countryinngrmi, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

TimW,
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us! We are so honored that the Country Inn and Suites can be your new home away from home! I am so glad to hear that staying with us allows you to feel relaxed and pampered, even in the midst of a busy business trip.
We hope to see you very soon,

Katelin Parmelee

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Staff was great and very helpful. Fresh cookies waiting in the lobby when I checked in at night. Room was extremely clean and quiet. Good variety at breakfast and I love that they have coffee, tea and hot cocoa to take with me as I leave. My second visit to this hotel and they are my now my go-to hotel in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank spartanbackpacker
countryinngrmi, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Spartanbackpacker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our survey. We take great pride in making sure that every single guest feels right at home. I have informed the rest of the staff on the great job that they were doing, and to keep up the good work!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed the night after I participated as a judge at the Michigan DECA semi-finals. All of the downtown hotels were booked solid due to the event's state-wide influx and I chose the Country Inn by virtue of it's proximity to the expressways and downtown -- as well as for the benefits of a pool, exercise room and full breakfast next day.

The location was very good; the room quite spacious and nicely appointed -- and the staff from the front desk to the cooks behind the scenes at next morning's breakfast couldn't have been any nicer or accommodating.

The bed was very comfortable; free wifi was plenty fast and with sufficient signal strength.

OK, it's pool isn't Olympic size and the exercise room wasn't equipped like a full-blown health club, but both were nicely maintained. Breakfast was fine; lots of variety.

Overall a pleasant, not opulent experience that fit well within the room rate. If one was looking to complain; I suppose the colors might be a subject. A bit dated; oranges, dark reds, dark greens, grayish green hallways, but that's personal taste and not up for evaluation in my view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side of the building so you're not on the expressway side. Ideal wou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkPBurnett

Dear MarkPBurnett,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our survey. We take great pride in ensuring that every guest feels right at home! On behalf of our entire Country Inn and Suites staff we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

They were amazingly helpful. Checked in several hours early and CRISSY at the front desk was nothing but helpful and nice about it. The hot tub was dang near the temp of the pool when we arrived, so we asked the clerk to get someone to turn up the hot tub. It took only 5 minutes for maintenance to show up and fix the problem. They were nice about that too. We were also pleasantly surprised that the hotel served both breakfast and dinner AND that they were tasty meals above the typical hotel fare. O

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ryan h

Dear Ryan H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our survey. We take great pride in making sure that every guest feels right at home. I personally want to thank you for the curteous comments on my performance during your stay! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed both the complimentary breakfast and dinners that we serve.

Hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Everytime i check in, it's as if i've known the person behind the desk forever! I never feel like a stranger when I walk in. Everyithing is always so clean. Fresh cookies is always a nice touch. I WON'T ever stay at any other hotel when I'm in Grand Rapids!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aisha R

Dear Aisha R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our survey. We take great pride in making sure that every single guest feels right at home during each and every stay! We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and hope to see you just as much in the near future!
Safe travels!