“Great place to sleep.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Grand Rapids
East Lansing, Michigan
“Great place to sleep.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We decided to stay overnight in GR rather than drive home and back the next day. The price of this hotel was less than a tank of gas that weekend! Good location, right off the highway, lots of options for quick food all along 28th Street. Check in was easy, we asked for extra towels and they happily provided them. Room was neat and clean and quiet. Pleasant stay and great price. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank srainone
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our inn. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and would return in the future. I'll make sure to share your comments with our team. It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Saline, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Some travelers will automatically dismiss a two-star hotel and not even consider it. For those of you who limit your searches to three stars or more, you will overlook a few quality hotels that may impress you. This is one such hotel. The room I had was clean and comfortable, and granted, without a hair dryer or flatscreen, and simple ammenities. The $79 hotels may have a better TV and a bigger container of shampoo, but for a simple overnight, this one does quite well. The free WiFi was a nice treat, too. I can absolutely recommend this for a traveler or family on a tight budget for an overnight "on the road".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ulmubi
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for writing such a nice review, we're happy that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, we're not a fancy 3 or 4 star hotel but we can still provide a nice clean and comfortable room at a great price. Thanks again for giving a chance to show you that you can still get a nice room at an economy hotel.
Holton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

First of all, no blow dryer, no iron, foil packets for shampoo, no tissues, no breakfast, and the smallest coffee maker I've ever seen. My king room sported a fridge and microwave, although I understand not all rooms have those. USA Today and coffee are available in the lobby. There are no elevators, so if you get the 2nd floor, you'll be tuggin' luggage up the stairs. No hallways here: all rooms open to the outside.
But aside from all this, the staff is great, the rooms clean and comfortable, and a great McDonald's is 100 feet away. IHOP 200 feet, and Bob Evans across the street. Rooms are dated, but well cared for.
I read from another review that they are pet-friendly, which would be great. For the price, I'd pack my own blow dryer and iron, and stay here again. And great location: right off the highway, and close to a lot of things. Please, keep it up Red Roof!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Corsair53
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay in our Superior King rooms which do come with a micro-fridge and in room coffee. We don't offer as many ammenties as some of the much higher priced hotels but we feel it is still a great value. I have already shared your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Grand Rapids.
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked the hotel just on price alone, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was just looking for cheap in all honesty. When I pay under 50 bucks for a room, I figure I will get what I paid for, i.e. smelly room, uncaring staff, dirty, uncomfortable bed...etc. However, here, it was just the opposite! Michelle at the front desk is a joy! She even called up to the room after I checked in to see if everything was OK! When I checked out, she even remembered my name. The lobby is clean and welcoming, and that transitioned to the room. It had a king sized bed with clean sheets, no stains, and plenty of pillows. The bathroom was spotless. The A/C unit was actually fairly quite, too, and cooled the room down nicely on a 90 degree day. The entire property was well landscaped which shows the owner/operators care. TV had plenty of channels plus the service where you can watch new movies before they go to DVD. All you do is select it on your remote and it's added to your bill. I didn't choose that option, but there were 9 movies to choose from including The Hunger Games. I was happy with ESPN and Cartoon Network. Yep, I'm a guy for sure. Like I said earlier, for under 50 bucks, this was a great room. I felt secure the whole time, and there were no loud or rowdy people around. Oh, and they had plenty of good coffee in the lobby. Overall, I slept great and would have NO problem staying there again. In fact, I am sure I will. Book it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and felt our inn was such a great value. I have already shared all your nice comments to Michelle and the rest of our staff. Even though we are less expensive than most of our competition we still want to provide a nice clean and comfortable room to all our guest. We look forward to your next stay.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Front desk staff was very nice and helpful on all shifts. Room was clean and the beds were comfy. The only thing I would change would be to install the shower curtains that curve outward. I dislike having to brush up against hotel shower curtains. Other than that minor inconvenience, I had an excellent stay and look forward to coming back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, I'll make sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Willis, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The front desk staff on every shift was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Everything you need in a hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: I had a room in the back. No traffic noise & no passing cars or people.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our inn. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do try to keep everything simple, clean and a good value. I have already shared your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Basic motel,friendly staff, very clean, very reasonable and PET FRIENDLY with no added charge. Always our go-to motel when traveling with the hound! Plus...free wi fi and a USA Today on the door in the morning. As others have said..no frills, but unbeatable for the price and amenities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt it was a good value for your money. I will pass on your nice comments to our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again when your in Grand Rapids.