“Went there twice. Most unusial.”
Review of Vander Mill

Vander Mill
Ranked #93 of 1,058 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Another brilliant find. Many different ciders to chose. Tasters, excellent staff that make you most welcome.
Viewing the brew tanks and operation from the eating area. In the evening there have games down in the brewary.
Excellent place to bring the kids. Excellent food and reasonably priced.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 20, 2019

We were there with a group of friends. Had no issues getting everyone on the tour; which was highly recommneded and very fun. They gave you a sample of Ciders during the tour. Great information and very knowledge Tour Guide. The staff was very helpful. They also have a shop onsite to buy ciders and marketing materials. Food Selection was fantastic. I suggest checking this place out if your in town. You wont be disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2018

If I were back at Sunset Beach on Kauai having my first bite of ahi as the sun dipped into the ocean, that's pretty close to how this meal was....minus a few details. Fantastic meal, incredible drink selection, wonderful service, I am half tempted to drive 5 hours each way to have another meal here. If you think cider is not a "drink" I would kindly ask you experience a cider flight here at Vander Mill, who in my Wisconsin drinking opinion has the best cider options in the midwest. If Vander Mill was in my hometown, I would completely convert from beer to cider full time...it's that good.

Our group of four adults visited on a Saturday evening around 8pm with maybe a 20-25 minute wait at the bar. While at the bar we sampled two of their cider flights (see photo) and I was blown away at the craftsmanship in their ciders. Great wine selection as well, the ladies had no difficulties finding local wines to sample. Dinner was incredible, minor hiccups along the way with wrong seasonal menus and a shortage that night, but not an issue. Server was incredibly apologetic and gracious in the menu mix up, we had a great experience here.

Our recommendations, ham and doughnuts for an app....YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Steak and frites or the meatloaf as mains, all well seasoned, excellent from the first bite. This place was that good, and we have some wonderful craft breweries / wineries in SE Wisconsin, but Vander Mill takes them all.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

We first learned about there cider at a cider festival and have been getting it from Binnys for awhile. When we knew that we would be driving through Grand Rapids we had to stop.
This place didn’t disappoint. We got here at 8 pm on a Friday night. We were greeted right away and it took about 5 minutes before we got a table. The service from the time we walked in to the time we left was great!

My only complaint is that someone needs to check the restrooms. The ladies had paper towels on the floor because the trash can was overflowing.

We grabbed the donut holes for the road. ☺️

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I sat down for Sunday brunch and we did struggle with the menu because we wanted to eat so many of the items. Once we sorted that out the crab cake Benedict was amazing and the chicken and waffle sandwich was equal in flavour. Potatoes came in the side and they had this dusting in them that kept you going back for more. We asked the chef what it was and she said it was a secret worth keeping. We agree.

Now cider, so many to pick from. We tried one from a bourbon barrel and the flavour was fantastic. We got over to the retail store right away to take some home.

We were very impressed and sad this might be the only time we make it there.

Date of visit: September 2018