“Family Bar?”
Review of Sportsmans Restaurant - CLOSED

Sportsmans Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Only in the UP would a bar be called "family dining." We tried out all of the Grand Marais restaurants while we were there, which isn't saying much. I remember thinking the experience was ok, despite all the dead animal heads mounted everywhere. Funny, though, I can't even remember what we ordered.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a chicken wrap and it was ok. I've had better. The chicken was like salad chicken not what I expected. The cheese was a slice of American cheese like you have at home. The pita was enormous so there was twice as much pita than filling. The waitstaff seemed preoccupied with bikers than just came in. I've had better experiences.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I thought this place was just ok... My husband and daughter had hamburgers and fries and said they were good. The other two of us had enchiladas, they were ok. I have definitely had better. I think the prices were high...but hey you're in the U.P. We all had ice water and our bill was almost $40. If in the area, I'll try some place else.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

A nice family restaurant with fair food. Prices are reasonable but the quality could be better. Lots of antiques and art work to look at though.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We used to skip this place because of the stale smoke smell. Now it is on our list of places to go each summer. Great whitefish and good breakfasts!