“Decent Food, terrible service.”
Review of Sportsmans Restaurant - CLOSED

Sportsmans Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Glen Arbor, Michigan
“Decent Food, terrible service.”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Went in for breakfast. We were greeted quickly and provided menus. No problem. Ordered coffee and water which was provided quickly. However, over the next 50 minutes I would not be served any more or even offered any. The food took a good 30 mins to arrive but was good. Excellent fried potatoes and the eggs were cooked to order. However that was the last time our server was to visit us. Finally had to go ask for our bill and that was that. So long Sportsmen's. Give your business to the Dunes Bar.

Victoria, Texas
“Yuck”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

OK...there is not a whole lot to choose from in this town when it comes to decent restaurants. The outside has had a face lift and looks decent and inviting. You walk in and first impression (from the outside) is decent. You sit down and turn in your order, service is good but then as you wait for your food you begin looking around.

This place is old which is fine, but it has not had a face lift and goes back to the smoking days. Nothing has been washed, painted or cleaned in like 35? years. It would be OK I guess to go in and get a beer. But looking around your mind begins to wonder what the kitchen looks like. The ketchup bottle on the table looked like it had been filled for 20 years with the lable 1/2 way torn off but they didnt' take it off it was hanging on. I would have like ketchup but I just couldn't get myself to use it. It was simply GROSS!!! This place is simply gross. We did eat and the food was OK so gave them an extra star for that. The thought of what their kitchen must have looked like, I truly do not know how I actually ate therebut will add I was starving! My husband enjoyed his pasty. I still can't believe I ate there due to it being filthy but will also add I didn't get sick so guess it's fine for some.

BTW....had to doc the food rating for the Ketchup bottle.

• Visited August 2011