“Not worth the price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Grand Haven
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I googled 'hotels in Grand Haven MI' while I was in an unfortunate emergency. I had previously booked a reservation in Muskegon MI that turned out to be the worst possible nightmare. Days Inn of Grand Haven MI saved my family from the nightmare. Everyone at the front desk was understanding and had outstanding personalities. The hotel room was extremely up-kept, clean, the beds were comfortable and the coffee was amazing. I couldn't thank them enough for their outstanding customer service and saving us from a nightmare.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GHDaysInn, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review here on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that we were able to help you turn a bad situation into a great one. Thank you for letting us know that you had a great time while staying here and that our staff was helpful. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Ashley Wallis
Guest Relations Manager
616-842-1999

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Reviewed June 28, 2013

But not in this case. For upwards of 100 dollars a night off the beach, I was expecting a cleaner more well appointed room. I'm not a picky person and I have stayed in rustic cabins and cottages up north. For some reason I just didn't feel like the room was clean. There was a really funky smell to the room and it was not pleasant. There was no mini fridge. The beds were small and uncomfortable. The blankets scratchy and grungy. The location is great. It was close to everything, within a mile or two. We only dealt with the front desk and service seems to be friendly and prompt. The pool did look nice. However, I wouldn't stay here again. The room was too uncomfortable, we originally planned on spending 2 nights but I couldn't justify not sleeping in my own bed 3.5 hours away so we decided to just drive home after our day at the beach and around town.

• Stayed: June 2013
GHDaysInn, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't have a pleasant experience staying with us. We are undergoing improvements on the facilities and I'm sorry they seemed to affect your stay. I'm glad that out of your trip, you did find our staff to be helpful and prompt. I would really like to discuss your stay with us further, if you wouldn't mind. Please feel free to call me at the hotel to do so.

Ashley Wallis
Guest Relations Manager
616-842-1999

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My family has been getting rooms at the Days Inn Grand Haven for multiple years. Yes, we understand its not the Ritz, but we should at least expect clean rooms. This time, we booked a block of 3 rooms together for a reasonable price. Upon checking in, we walked by the pool to see a table with a quarter inch of dust on it with a very graphic phallic drawing in it. Not a great start, especially when we are bringing little kids with us. Upon getting to our rooms, 2 of the 3 rooms appeared to be very outdated and neglected as far as updates are concerned. The room in 136 had bugs sandwiched between the glass of the picture frames and upon further inspection, a large soiled stain was found on the mattress. In the bathroom, a new set of horrors awaited us. The lock on the bathroom door was non functional, the wallpaper near the shower was peeling and molding, the exhaust fan was also non functional with layers and layers of dirt and dust caked on it; and when turning on the light, a bug graveyard was discovered inside. The other room, in 134 was not as bad, but housekeeping definitely missed a few spots in the bathroom...toilet paper was left on the ground and also stuck to the handle of the bathroom (making us think that they were cleaning with the toilet paper). Overall, the cleanliness was less than desirable. The third room, although not great, was clean and updated slightly. Unless things change drastically, I believe this may of been our last stay at the Days Inn Grand Haven. I've attached pics to the site to prove what I was taking about.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 18 in Holland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Haven? Share your experiences!