Boyden House Inn
Rodeway Inn(Grand Haven)
$70
Best Western Beacon Inn(Grand Haven)(Great Value!)
$108
BestWestern.com
$73
Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
$111
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores(Muskegon)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
$269
$109
Hampton.com
$92
Hotels.com
All reviewsexecutive suiteklondike barsbaked oatmealsouffleb bdowntown grand havenminimum staymicrowave popcornsun roomwithin walking distancea queen size bedprivate balconyfresh fruitgas fireplacelast weekendeach morningone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We visited Boyden House from 8-8-08-8-10-08. I had the bright idea to try a cute bed and breakfast for the first time a hope it would be everything I had expected. I can't express how beautiful and peaceful this weekend trip was, it was exactly what we were looking for. Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner(Gail) and directly escorted to our room(The Honeymoon Suite) I was a little confused because I first noticed an abundence of roses and rose peatles on the floor but still continued on with my tour of the room until I came to our cute porch and saw more flowers and a large wraped gift basket. Now I know that was not part of the room fee so I turned to my boyfriend and asked if he had anything to do with this and after agreeing "yes" he proceded to get down on on knee and ask for my hand in marriage. After quite some time I could finally get the word of "YES" out. Gail and Tony were so much help for my fiance. He needed their help with such an important day in his life and they made it that easy. Gail and Tony your hospotality was so welcoming and we thank you for all you did for us. We can't stop talking about the fact if either relaxation or romance is in you agenda you need to make a visit to the Boyden House. Only a 3 hour drive from Chicago you can't pass it up. I do just have to mention the yummy homemade breakfast every morning. You never knew what you would get,but I can assure you you would not be disappointed. I hope this has helped anyone considering the Boyden House I can assure you you will not be disappointed. After all our wedding plans are over we are looking forward to returning for more memories.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Boyden House the last weekend in June and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

My husband is not a 'B&B person'; he prefers hotels so this stay was going to be the 'make or break' for future holidays. Boyden House was everything a B&B should be. The room (Safari Den) was large yet had a cozy atmosphere with a king sized bed and private bath. We found the bed at Boyden House to be the most comfortable bed away from home that we have ever enjoyed - much more comfortable than the Westin hotel (with their advertised "heavenly bed") we had stayed in earlier in the trip. As well, our room had its own thermostat control so we could have the room as cool as we liked for sleeping. Our room had a fireplace although we didn't use it but I imagine it would be be a great plus during cooler weather.

The Inn is a beautifully restored house that dates from the late 1800's. Guests have the use of the dining rooms, an upstairs library and the pretty veranda. The location is very central and an easy walk to the main street and waterfront.

Breakfast was delicious with several choices (including homemade bread!) to please everyone.

The Innkeeper, Tony, was friendly and helpful. On our last day, we had to leave early to catch our flight home and we were not able to stay for breakfast but Tony had put out a fresh fruit salad and coffee for us to start our day!

If you stay here, you will not be disappointed! And, happily for me, my husband is wiling to try B&B's again although he did say that a future B&B would have to be as good as Boyden House.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sueinbc
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Just returned from a lovely 2 night stay at the Boyden House. It's a beautiful historic home without the dainty, flowery atmosphere that so many B&B's have. We were looking for a place to relax with a book and some wine, and this was the perfect place.

We arrived Friday night to a friendly smile, plus wine and a snack. Breakfast was fantastic, and we completely agree with an earlier review... the creme brule french toast made with croissants is phenomenal... and all the recipes are provided.

Our room was fantastic. We stayed in room #2... the Executive Suite... very cozy. We also had the opportunity to "snoop around" and take a look at a few of the other rooms, most were smaller than the executive suite but still full of character. The Safari Den appeared to be the largest room.

There is a wonderful common room upstairs, with a nice selection of books, games, cd's, and a laptop with internet access. There's WiFi throughout the house too. The freezer in the guest kitchen is always stocked with klondike bars.

The highlight was the service (as it should be at a B&B). The owners really took the time to make us feel at home and are genuinely happy and gracious hosts.

This was the perfect place for a little R&R. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2007

We stayed at the Boyden House over Labor Day Weekend, my husband and our 18 month-old daughter, and my parents. We had two rooms - the Safari Den and the Executive Suite. There was a common area in between them, so we felt like we had one section of the house to ourselves. The owner's were very accommodating. They don't have anything for babies (high chairs or cribs, we brought our own), but they were very welcoming to us and our child. We loved sitting on the porch to have coffee and reading in the afternoon. The rooms were very nice, beds comfortable, and everything was clean. The breakfast was also very good, with a nice variety since we were there for three days. I left my cell phone charger in the room and they mailed it back to me right away. We were there celebrating my parent's anniversary, and the owners provided us with some lovely cakes one afternoon to celebrate. Downtown Grand Haven is only a short walk away, and it has many nice restaurants. You could also walk to the beach from the hotel. We are not B&B people usually, but we really enjoyed this one. The space felt very private. I would highly recommend this hotel for the area, and Grand Haven is a nice location for exploring the other west Michigan cities.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2007

My husband and I decided to take a weekend trip to Grand Haven for a little getaway. We had never been to a B&B, so after a little internet searching, we stumbled upon the "Boyden House". We were greeted upon arrival and shown around the house. Each room was a different theme and there was also a library and kitchen with snacks for their guests to enjoy. Our room "The Mistletoe" (#6) was actually located outside of the main house off the side porch. We were pleasantly suprised that we had our own private entrance and a little privacy from the rest of the house. Our room had a queen size bed, vanity, armoire, jacuzzi tub and also a little alcove with a loveseat and fireplace. We woke up to a full gourmet breakfast, served in the dining room by our hosts. The gardens and porches really added to the ambience. We enjoyed our first time visit to a B&B and recommend it for any couple looking for a little something different to do!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple