“Great Breakfast Spot”

Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Grand Haven
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Found this gem on TripAdvisor and my wife and I checked it out on our Fall trip to Grand Haven, MI. The restaurant was small and intimate. Well decorated. My wife had the Oatmeal Pancakes with blueberries. She raved about it. I had the Marbled cornbread scramble and it was great. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Folks seeking out breakfasts that are both creative and tasty should head immediately to the Morning Star. You won't be the first to discover it--the wait to get in was substantial--but you won't be disappointed. The staff is friendly as well.

But here's a tip: at the very back of the restaurant is a small counter with five, maybe six, seats. You can't really see it when you enter as it's cut off from view by a partial wall. We had just turned our name into the waitstaff for a table, when we noticed two seats open in the back. Those are available to anyone willing to select counter service over table service, so we grabbed them immediately.

1  Thank MongoSchwartz
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Of the few options in Grand Haven, you can't go wrong with Morning Star Cafe. It was busy, (a good sign!) but we were seated quickly. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. There is something for everyone on the menu, with plenty to choose from.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Based upon the line waiting to be seated, I assumed this must be the place to eat. I was initially a little disappointed at the lack of breakfast options that did not include eggs in some form. However, the wait staff assured me that the kitchen would be happy to accommodate a vegan request. Shortly thereafter, a dish of mixed sautéed summer vegetables was delivered to my table. Our waiter was entertaining and cheerful. In sum, I was very pleased and will return if I am ever back in the Grand Haven area.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

When you wake up in the morning and your first thought is "Let's drive to Grand Haven for breakfast". the place you go better be good. Well. drive no further than Morning Star Cafe. If you wait at all, it won't be long and it starts with a choice of the kind of coffee you want, I recommend the house blend. The menu is extensive plus the values are good for the quality of the food and the amount you get. Each time I go, I try something different just to keep it interesting. The wait staff is also great and really knows the menu so they can answer your questions with ease.

So Morning Star isn't on the water, but I don't care about that. I love the food and the family friendly atmosphere. Everything about this place reminds me why I am happy to get up and drive to Grand Haven just for breakfast.

1  Thank HollandLocal